About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Looking for Compass + my modified Loupan compass with a brass compass

myfs_99074

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jason,

Jason Nah wrote:
Can anyone advise me where to get good and cheaper Compass for Feng Shui purpose in Singapore ?

Why not try some of the shop selling sports or mountain tracking equipments. There are still lots of other brands no need to get Suunto. Generally, as long as the compass is fairly bignot the small size compass (iegreater than 50 cents coin and not 20 centscoin type). Should be ok. Better ones, tend to be enclosed insome anti-magnetic casing which helps to reduce magnetic influence.So far most of the compass used for trekking should be fine.

The only thing is just make sure you take a reading away from your home or building structure and compare it to one taking at the building structure. Generally, if there is a deviation, mark how many degress it deviates and subtract it when you are applying your reading. This is because most of the houses tend to have strong structure which affects your compass. Otherwise, any reasonable compass should do the job.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 13 years later...
  • Staff

This is my personally modified Loupan compass.

Bought it for $20/- in an antique shop which I happen to pass-by locally many (many) years ago.

The bigger one was around $40 plus.

Inner core is a brass covered compass to shield the compass needle from magnetic fields such as a reinforced steel column(s).

61CD0454-BE5A-45E2-B375-961526EB91C9.jpeg

This compass is fully encased by a thick layer of brass to reduce magnetic interference from the base as well as all 360 degrees...

There are red markings placed by me as a guide...

41062AE3-038C-4466-8B2D-000059950FA8.jpeg

Thus have no fear even if readings are taken from heavy reinforcement structures such as an industrial buildings and commercial towers with lots of thick columns...

In fact, I have a larger brass compass with me for many years. ...

Notice that the base protractor still excellent condition and readable but has turned yellow...

F60DBA0E-99AF-4584-B3DB-1E85A2024B90.jpeg

Always relied on this compass especially at large complexes for MNC clients, Banks etc...

AB4D0FD2-433C-4BFD-893F-3A4BCD4466E1.jpeg

43CF322A-D4D4-4D85-97B3-CFF747F0BCEE.jpeg

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net