About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Why statues are used in feng shui

sun888_99

Sponsored Link

• Staff

I believe there are a few viewpoints:
1. I am not here to create a religious " row " between Christians and Catholics but let me elaborate what Catholics `believe' and how some Protestants see differently.
Catholics mentioned that they have statues of e.g. Mary, mother of Jesus not because of idol worship but as a respect and `inspiration' to them.
By the way, I am a free thinker. However, I attended Primary, Secondary and Pre University in a Catholic School. When I was in Secondary School, I always come across a few teachers who passed by the statue of Mary outside our school hall. They would stand there and pause to collect their taughts. They do not use jost sticks to `pray' etc...
Some Protestants, felt that the above is considered idol worship. Each has its own opinion. I am not here to debate about it.
2. The above is just to elaborate a point that there are many Feng Shui School.
The Compass School of Feng Shui do not use statutes at all.
3. In fact, some traditional Shapes and Form School do not use statutes. What they use is `landscaping'. For example, the Ming Tang or a semi-cicular pool of water radiation out of the frontage of a building is one good example of how Feng Shui is practised. Many traditional Shapes and Form School do not use statues but `methods' such as tilting of the door to an auspicious direction etc...
4. Contrary to popular belief, it is the `mix' of religion with Feng Shui is where, you get people using statues in their homes.
Feng Shui practioners usually do not object to these statues in the homes of e.g. Buddist, Toaist etc... This does not mean that these objects are `placed' by them or recommended by them.
As I mentioned above, some FS practioners themselves are buddists, toaist etc.. and because of this, they may `promote' such use. Some "black sheep" practioners may even have their own hidden agenda such as wanting to make more out of their clients by recommending or even selling them such objects.
For example, quite recently, there were a few messages in this forum where users asked whether it is auspicious to purchase a `three legged toad ' as they were informed that this bring them luck. But these are commercial objects without relevance to FS.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 9/1/99 1:31:41 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
Why the statues are used in
feng shui? Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net