About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Measurement and position of study desk

Cecil Lee

• Staff

Dear Cecil,

What is the best measurement for a study desk? Height, width and length. How should the study desk be positioned. Also, it is extremely difficult to find a closed book shelf for purchase. What is the cure for a open book shelf. What color should the study room be painted? I am thinking of installing a crystal ceiling fixture is this okay! or should I use quartz?

Thank You

Malli

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
What is the best measurement for a study desk? Height, width and length. How should the study desk be positioned. Also, it is extremely difficult to find a closed book shelf for purchase. What is the cure for a open book shelf. What color should the study room be painted? I am thinking of installing a crystal ceiling fixture is this okay! or should I use quartz?

Generally, if you have a feng shui ruler every8 inch will fall under the auspicious dimensions ie 7-10 inch or 15-18 inch etc. Most table are generally of a standard size which normally falls under an auspicious dimension. So should not need to worry too much.

As for book shelf, it is ok to have open book shelf. Just arrange the furniture in such a way that there is no unnecessary poition arrow from the corner of the furniture at the end of the book shelf. The individual shelf is less impact than the corner of the book shelf. So as long as you arrange in such a way it creates as little posion arrow. Should be no problem.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• Staff

Dear Mr. Lee,

Thank You very much for your advice. I am bit confused about the following advice you have givenie., "if you have a feng shui ruler every8 inch will fall under the auspicious dimensions ie 7-10 inch or 15-18 inch etc." Would you please explain to me what you mean by this? My understanding is that the length of the desk should be a multiple of 8 such as 56, 64, 72 or 120,128, 136 or 144. Did Iunderstand it correctly?

Thank You.

Anon

• 15 years later...

The 17 inch method has been the standard even for an auspicious document pouch.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Further to what I had mentioned;
For the surface area of your `Feng Shui friendly' tables or for anyone wanting to manufacture Feng Shui friendly tables can use this explanation:-
(One Feng Shui foot is nearly equal to an imperial foot. One Feng Shui foot is roughly equal to 43 cms.)
Description of tables with multiples of 17 inches (lenght x width):-
THE MAGICAL 17 INCH FACTOR