About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Question about an Entrance

myfs_104106

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Oliv,

Oliv Sullivan wrote:
If an entrance is on the South side of a house but is also in the SW quadrant of the home, is it considered to be a South or Southwest entrance?

In general, if yours is a landed property, you should take the frontage of the building as your facing direction. This allows you to extend the flying star chart to the external environment such as the entire plot of land.

Determine the type of house:-

1. Apartment (2nd-7th level), facing from the main door.

2. Apartment (8th level and up), facing from the living room/balcony.

3. Landed Property, the house/buildting facing direction.

If you take the main door from the center of the house, then the sector and main door will fall in the same sector. But this will only be used to assess interior of the house only. But it makes it easy because the main door and sector falls in the same sector.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

I'm sorry, but I do not understand your answer and how it relates to my situation. Please allow me to explain my question further....perhaps my original question was misunderstood.

I have an entrance at my kitchen/dining room. This is not the main/facing entrance (Main/facing entrance is in the west). This is in a single family house, not an apartment nor is it in a building with other residences. The side of the house where this door is located is the South side of the house, but because of the particular layout of the grid of this house, where that door lands on the grid is in the SW sector. So I was wondering if the entrance is considered to be a SW or South entrance. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Thank you.