About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

main door direction

myfs_119762

I have a West facing double storey detached house. Both my husband and myself belong to Kua 3 and 4. Would changing the main door to face either N or S be more beneficial to us both, since we belong to the East group?The main dooris facing W at present.

Thank you very much for your expert advice.

• 3 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Paulina,

paulina lim wrote:
I have a West facing double storey detached house. Both my husband and myself belong to Kua 3 and 4. Would changing the main door to face either N or S be more beneficial to us both, since we belong to the East group?The main dooris facing W at present.

Since this is a double storey detached house which will classify it as a landed property. In general, for landed property, the major qi will still have to be considered from the facing of the house and not necessary where your main door will be. This means that the qi flow for the house is based on where the house faces on the plot of land.

Change the door (or choosing a different door enterance)will only affect the interior flying star chart but such changes many not be enough to make the house change from an West facing house to an East facing house.If the flying star chart for that is better, then no harm.

But to truly change the West facing house to a East facing house is to knock down the existing house and rebuilt it so that frontage is facing East.Otherwise, your main door may change location, but your facing will not change.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Master Lee,

Thank you very much for your reply.Very Happy

My house is Period 8facing W2. I understand that i cannot change the facing direction of the house by changingthe main door but would the following help to offset / minimise the unsuitability?

i)main door currently in NW sector facing W and has the masterbedroom toilet above it. I plan tomove main door to W sector and face N so as to capture the m8 w8 stars and face one of our best directions.New doorposition would also no longer be under the masterbedroom toilet.

ii)ensuring our sleeping and sitting directions are in our best direction.

Looking forward to hear from you again.

Best Wishes aulina