About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Renovation-Period 7 House change to Period 8 House

myfs_120062

Some fengshui masters advise that as soon you paint the inside of your apartment, the apartment (house chart) already changed from period 7 to period 8. Is this true? Or if the building in which the apartment is paintedwithin a period 8 period is already considered a Period 8 apartment building?

I see that some feng shui masters advise that at least the door, the stove and the floors must be renovated or changed, and then you can consider the change of a period 7 House to period 8 House.

Please advise.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
I see that some feng shui masters advise that at least the door, the stove and the floors must be renovated or changed, and then you can consider the change of a period 7 House to period 8 House.

A house qi will only change if there is significant renovation done. So if you have hacking of walls, or hacking of all the floortiles or removing the roof and rebuilding it. These are all clear signs of a change in Qi and immediately come into effect.

Anonymous wrote:
Some fengshui masters advise that as soon you paint the inside of your apartment, the apartment (house chart) already changed from period 7 to period 8. Is this true? Or if the building in which the apartment is paintedwithin a period 8 period is already considered a Period 8 apartment building?

There is another symobolic luck change.

ie. re-painting of the ceiling or entire house all in one go. Then having several major celebrations in the house can force the house to fly over. But the change will not be immediate.

ie. if painting of the ceilling (especially) is not done in one go or only the external house was repainted. These alone will not cause the house to fly over to the new period. Most of these are considered minor repairing or touchup so it does not really change the qi.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 12 years later...
  • Staff
2 hours ago, nonanin said:

Master Cecil, what about changing the exterior siding of the house? Would that turn a period 7 into period 8? Thanks

Usually, this would normally not on it's own change into a Period 8 house.

Please take note that although Period 8 is from 2004 to 2023.. in reality, it does not stay exactly or Period 8 does not expire exactly on the dot at end of 2023!

Usually, from past experience, Period 9 starts around 2021.. 2023 thereabouts.

Thus if you are technically trying to benefit from a Period 8 or have studied the chart of Period 8, please note that especially Period 8's #8 will become Past prosperity pretty soon...as it will last roughly only around 2 or 3 more years to GO!

Therefore around 2021.. onwards even if the home changes to Period 8, wealth stars will change! As the Period 8 stars will become Past prosperity.....

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks Master Cecil. I have a period 7 house. Would it be correct to assume that as long as my house remains period 7, the 7 stars continue to be auspicious for me? Do I continue to generate flying star report with period 7 as the 20 yr reigning period?

• Staff
6 hours ago, nonanin said:

Thanks Master Cecil. I have a period 7 house. Would it be correct to assume that as long as my house remains period 7, the 7 stars continue to be auspicious for me? Do I continue to generate flying star report with period 7 as the 20 yr reigning period?

1. This is based on the assumption that one current is within 1984 to 2003. Or rather, we could now be in the Year 1984 not 2019.

2. Thus in 1984 to 2003; #7's will remain the 20 year reigning stars. And during that period again 1984 to 2003. The mountain star (MS) and water star (WS) #7's are the current prosperity wealth stars for THAT period only.

3. Today in 2019; even if your home's chart is a Period 7 chart; however, TODAY, these #7's are in this period called "Past Prosperity" stars.

4. And again, TODAY, since we are now in Period 8, these #7's turned inauspicious.

5. In Period 8, assuming your house uses a Period 7 chart, one should instead be looking at where the MS and WS #8s are in the chart.

6. These are now the Current Prosperity stars. In essence, the Period 7 chart will not change. But the definition of the stars such as #7, #8, #9 and #1 will change their definition

6.1. For example:

Between the period 1984 to 2003:  

#7 = Current Prosperity
#8 = Future Prosperity (usually range from 2 to 5 years)
#9 = Future, future Prosperity (usually range from 6 to 10 years)

Between the period 2004 to 2043:

#7 = Past Prosperity
#8 = Current Prosperity
#9 = Future Prosperity 
#1 = Future, future Prosperity

• 2 years later...

My apartment is SE124 built in 1985, I took possession on 1 September 2010 and moved in early December 2010. The flat was not lived in during September-October-November while renovation work was being carried out. The renovation was complicated and always running into difficulties.

The 2010 renovation consisted of removing two interior walls to make the study and moving the kitchen wall back, leaving an open window in that wall through to the study, changing the flooring in the new study and both bedrooms, removing wall coverings and repainting all walls, polishing the marble floors. We changed less than a third of flooring and did not renovate kitchen or bathrooms until some years later. I was told in April 2019 that the flat had become period 8. I am not convinced as all fs changes put into place for p8 have not brought anything positive. I would very much appreciate your opinion.

• Staff
51 minutes ago, by design said:

My apartment is SE124 built in 1985, I took possession on 1 September 2010 and moved in early December 2010. The flat was not lived in during September-October-November while renovation work was being carried out. The renovation was complicated and always running into difficulties.

The 2010 renovation consisted of removing two interior walls to make the study and moving the kitchen wall back, leaving an open window in that wall through to the study, changing the flooring in the new study and both bedrooms, removing wall coverings and repainting all walls, polishing the marble floors. We changed less than a third of flooring and did not renovate kitchen or bathrooms until some years later. I was told in April 2019 that the flat had become period 8. I am not convinced as all fs changes put into place for p8 have not brought anything positive. I would very much appreciate your opinion.

Yes, I agree with you on that the work done does not merit the house changing to Period 8.

In my opinion your house is most likely still a Period 7 home.

• 7 months later...

Hi master Cecil

When is the best time to renovate a house to convert to period 9 house?

If i do a major reno to door roof and flooring on the 14 April 2022 and i move in May 2022, will my house become period 9 house?

Much aporeciated

J

• Staff
On 4/16/2022 at 2:18 PM, Jani said:

Hi master Cecil

When is the best time to renovate a house to convert to period 9 house?

If i do a major reno to door roof and flooring on the 14 April 2022 and i move in May 2022, will my house become period 9 house?

Much aporeciated

J

Actual fact is that Period 9 has arrived from 2021 onwards. However, many Feng Shui practitioners or many others based on textbook Feng Shui. 

And to them, it would mean the year 2024. Some also consider Period 9 has arrived only on or after Chinese New Year (CNY) 2024 onwards.

Thus to avoid controversy and that 2024 is just a "short" 2 years more... it is recommended or rather "to play safe" to do so on or after CNY 2024.

It is also to place one's heart at ease given that if one hears from one or more that one's home MAY not be a Period 9, it is very unsettling, here.

And may even affect one's Human or Man Luck!

What is Man or Human Luck? It accounts for 33.33% of the total luck, also:

Hi master Cecil, 

I live in a period 7 house, but in 2009 we had a fire originated in the deck and balcony. The house is landed with all 5 big windows looking towards the lake/ it's a lake property/. We changed the 5 windows, new deck and balcony,  siding of two sides, all the flooring, painted all the walls, remodeled the front door. I wonder did we changed the period to period 8.

I was told that this is not enough, but "treating" the house as a period 7 doesn't give me any good results. There is also the question of the facing.

I think it does face the lake W2 because of the energies that are generated from the water. The address street is a dirt road without any traffic. I will greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance. K.

• Staff
2 hours ago, Katia Van said:

Master Cecil,

Thank you I will follow your advice and see what happens. 

For the facing I think you do approve my understanding. The energies from the lake generates more energy than the col de sac road. 

Thank you! 

Yes, seems like it.