About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

A live turtle in the house

myfs_126107

Hi. I'm planning to put a live turtle in my pond located at the right most corner of our property. The house is situated within the property where there are setbacks of 4meters from the road infront and 2meters at the sides and rear from the property line. The front of our house is facing south - east.

Does live turtle bring good luck to us and our home? One of my friend says its not good to bring a live turtle in the house because luck comes very slow as associated with the turtle walking so slow before it can reach to its destination. Is this true? I saw a lot of turtles (wood, plastic, etc) in fengshui stores so i presumed this brings good luck also. but what about a live turtle? My 4year old daughter wants to have small turtles in the house but i am hesitant to buyuntil such time i can get a concrete answer with regards to fengshui.

Please help me on this. Thank you and more power.

Happy Valentine's day to you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Rowena,

rowena ceniza wrote:
Does live turtle bring good luck to us and our home? One of my friend says its not good to bring a live turtle in the house because luck comes very slow as associated with the turtle walking so slow before it can reach to its destination. Is this true? I saw a lot of turtles (wood, plastic, etc) in fengshui stores so i presumed this brings good luck also. but what about a live turtle? My 4year old daughter wants to have small turtles in the house but i am hesitant to buyuntil such time i can get a concrete answer with regards to fengshui.

Under the Chinese Symoblic and Animals. A tortoise is often considered an immortal creature, defensive, very firm and steadfast create. Even in the 4 symoblic animal, the tortise is 1 of the 4 animals associated with the back of the house (a solid backing). Even in the feng shui luo shu is also associated to the tortoise. So generally the tortoise is considered more auspicious than inauspicious.

However, take note that A tortoise is a turle, but not all turtles are torties. A tortoise is more land-dweller than water based. While Turtles are more water based. So generally, if it is a tortoise should still be ok. But a turtle may not necessary be auspicious.

Of course your friend is also right to say that tortise are slow creature, but remember the story about the tortise and the hare? The tortoise still wins the race in the end. That is why the tortoise is considered a trustworthy, steadfast creature.

Just out of curiousity, way not go for fishes?

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

thank youvery much for your reply.

As to your question why i opt for turtle instead of fish, well, actually, previously i put gold fishes in it, more than 15. cats from our neighbors always come to our place. they can enter anytime since the front fence is an open steel fence. whithout us knowing it sometimes its been eaten. One time, we saw a bull frog. so the ending, all the fishes were gone. Also, water here in our place has a lot of chlorine.

iguess its about time i buy a book on how to take care of fishes in the pond. Sad to say, i am a beginner on this.

Anyway, speaking of fish,in case i put back fish on my pond, how many fish do i have to put and what kind of fish brings good luck.

best regards,

Rowena