About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

My brother bought a house built during period 7. When the master fengshui did the consultation at my brother's house he automatically applied period 8 to do his calculations. I find this method very strange. When I asked, he told me he can apply 8 and work it backwards. I don't know what he means and he refused to elaborate. Is this method legitimate? Please help...

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
My brother bought a house built during period 7. When the master fengshui did the consultation at my brother's house he automatically applied period 8 to do his calculations. I find this method very strange. When I asked, he told me he can apply 8 and work it backwards. I don't know what he means and he refused to elaborate. Is this method legitimate? Please help...

Generally, when you assess a house, you need to know when the house was first built. This determines what is the base flying star influence of the house.

For houses built before 2004 (period 7 houses), such houses will typically retain the Period 7 house Qi, unless a major renovation or at least symbolic fly over or if the house is too old (Qi will also slowly fly over). So it is important for houses built before 2004, to check if any major renovation was done. Only then can we determine if the house may have flown over.

In any case, after we check the period 7, then we can see if the house benefit from period 8. Most house direction such as NE/SW facing house, would benefit better if you fly the house over to the period 8. If so then, advise will be given to recommend a fly over.

This is typically the correct way to evaluate the house. As a house built in period 7, won't immediately take up period 8 qi. Unless, of course, you indicate that you will perform a major renovation to the house after you buy it. Then, there is no need to check the period 7 house luck as any major renovation will fly the house over to period 8 house luck.

Otherwise, the house should be assessed asa period 7 house luck, and another option to consider whether it is good to fly over to period 8 or not. Usually, not the other way around.

Hope that clarifies the issues.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 1 month later...

Related to this topic, our house was built on period 7. (1989). We have experienced a string of bad luck in the past years since 98 from health problems to financial troubles to legal. Recently we asked a friend to take a look at the house and he says that the house was auspicious at the time it was built (luck from 'twin stars'), but that the stars 'died' in sometime 97-98. He also said that the stars were now like a black hole that was getting back all the luck that it had given out over the years (sort of like a black hole). He suggested a major renovation as a cure.

Your thoughts on these please?

Also, what constitutes a "major renovation".

Should we want to request a flying star house report (paid) what do we need to know first about the house? Should we also give information about the people living in it now. (my parents). thank you

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
Related to this topic, our house was built on period 7. (1989). We have experienced a string of bad luck in the past years since 98 from health problems to financial troubles to legal. Recently we asked a friend to take a look at the house and he says that the house was auspicious at the time it was built (luck from 'twin stars'), but that the stars 'died' in sometime 97-98. He also said that the stars were now like a black hole that was getting back all the luck that it had given out over the years (sort of like a black hole). He suggested a major renovation as a cure.

Anonymous wrote:
Your thoughts on these please?

Period 7 is from 1984-2003. So given the year still is within Period 7 house luck, the luck will still primarily be a Period 7 house luck. On a year to year basis, luck will change slightly however, it won't change very significantly.

Until 2004, where you enter into a new Period 8 luck period. Luck of the house will alter a little even if you do not have major renovation, simply because the star 7 will revert back to the robbery star. So the luck will be reduced a little. However, even that you do not have any major renovation, the house luck will still primarily be a period 7 house luck. Under such situation, the owners often have an option to fly to period 8 house luck if it is better.

There is really no logic in saying the house stars die in 97-98 as it is still a period 7 house luck until 2003. So even if you had a major renovation, it will still be a period 7 house luck. So how does it help your issue?

Often, there are other issues to consider. Yes, yearly luck changes may change from time to time, but that alone does not create that major a problem if the house is properly balanced. The major issue canaffect the house luck is unless there is a new building that was built in your area, that can change your surrounding luck as it changes the Qi flow in the area.

A person's luck is generally affected by 3 forms of luck:-

1. Heaven Luck - luck that your a born with or supposed to be given.

2. Earth Luck - luck from your home and surrounding environment.

3. Human Luck - luck from your relationship with others and your own hard work.

Often, any bad issues is likely to come from two areas. Your ba zi luck in a very low luck period. This plus some Earth Luck influence together often can create a major issue especially if the Earth Luck isn't properly balanced.

Anonymous wrote:
Also, what constitutes a "major renovation".

A major renovation for example is hacking a wall to change the layout structure. Or changing all the floor tiles etc. Others like painting/repair worksare considered minor.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research