About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Can this house be fixed?

Millyger

Greetings Cecil and Robert,
Many thanks for the excellent site! I have a couple of questions.
I've already posted some of this in the Pillars of Destiny conference, but will also post it here..this one gets more traffic. 1. Did the full Pillars of Destiny report this week, and in the pillars there are references in parentheses to "wife" , "father", "child" ,"mother" and "self". Is this figurative language or is it intended as a direct reference to actual persons in life?
2. We had the Flying Star done on our current residence. We used period 6 as our guiding period, but have since learned that the previous occupants had the ceilings of the ENTIRE house re painted two years ago. We've done a lot of work on this house (1998-1999), but don't know if any of them qualify as "major renovations". We've had the roof reshingled (no tear off), we've replaced the heating and cooling system, all the kitchen appliances, the carpet,counter and floor tile,exterior doors, and have built an enormous deck off the front (kitchen) door area. Also, had part of the ceiling cut out and replaced in one room due to water damage from the previous roof. Would these renovations have been extensive enough to make our current Flying Star incorrect? We are wondering if being a period 7 house would improve the character of the house?
This house seems to have a number of problems according to Feng Shui principles.... The bread winner is a weak water .This is a red S (180 degrees) facing house (breadwinners death line) but we have been using the back door on the NE (30 degrees)...which enters into the kitchen and faces the dining room area as well. ( I know, taboo..) It is a U shaped house, with the "hole " being on the S side forming a patio area surrounded on three sides by the house. Also, the SE(130 degrees) leg of the U is about five feet longer than the other. It has a well in the NE, and a huge stone garage about six feet from the NE corner of the house, with the garage corner aimed right at the house back door. (the kitchen door.) This corner has very real world problems too, as it is low enough that we are always running into it..it's right at forehead height. The house sits over underground water, though our geological survey says it is almost 400 feet down. The land is sloping , considerably lower on the east.The master bdrm is in the breadwinners excellent location..but so is the master bath. ( Since studying your site, we've stopped using this toilet.) Other than this, all his good locations are closets. The final concern we have with the house is a huge stone fireplace in the center of the house. It is literally the center of the house on the floor plan.It is a free standing structure with walking space all round it. It is really immense, probably eight to ten feet across and four feet wide, all stone. It is directly in front of the South door, as sort of an entry wall. As my husband is a weak water, is this creating some sort of terrible electromagnetic field for him? In an earth dominant period would this be completely disastrous? The flying star report indicates this to be a house of fading prosperity, quarrels, sickness, injuries, disputes, poor luck in romance,scandal and possible affairs...it is family land, so we know the history of the previous occupants...and the flying star's comments could have been a line by line commentary on the family history. (By now are you wondering why we are still here?)At this point, we wonder if there is any hope of it being a period 7 house with the updates? Would being a period 7 house matter? We've earnestly considered how we could move the front door to another location..it cannot be done without creating even more FS taboos( we could put a door in the breadwinners excellent sector by pulling out a window..but then it would be right next door to the NW toilet. Bad?) Moving is definitely becoming an option here, as we do not care to repeat our ancestors sad history..Incidentally, since moving here, our finances HAVE declined. (Beyond what would be expected after all the repair bills!) It is distressing to learn these unfortunate things about our house, but it puts many of the sorrowful things that have happened here over the years into perspective. We are optimistic that we do not have to repeat the mistakes of our family..even if ultimately, we do have to move. We are using the five elements modules advice to put in the remedies suggested by the Pillars report, but wonder if this is not really a remediable house? Thanks so much for the wealth of information on your site, and for your answers to these questions. (when you get around to it.) JenneyM

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jenney,
First of all, let me apologise for the late reply.
Please see below:-

On 10/16/99 1:04:30 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Many thanks for the excellent
site! I have a couple of
questions.
I've already posted some of
this in the Pillars of Destiny
conference, but will also post
it here..this one gets more
traffic. 1. Did the full
Pillars of Destiny report this
week, and in the pillars there
are references in parentheses
to "wife" , "father", "child"
,"mother" and "self". Is this
figurative language or is it
intended as a direct reference
to actual persons in life?

Yes, it shows a direct reference to family unit or relationship. At a later date, Robert will expand the `interpretation' of this module further.

2. We had the Flying Star done
on our current residence. We
used period 6 as our guiding
period, but have since learned
that the previous occupants
had the ceilings of the ENTIRE
house re painted two years
ago. We've done a lot of work
on this house (1998-1999), but
don't know if any of them
qualify as "major
renovations". We've had the
roof reshingled (no tear off),
we've replaced the heating and
cooling system, all the
kitchen appliances, the
carpet,counter and floor
tile,exterior doors, and have
built an enormous deck off the
front (kitchen) door area.
Also, had part of the ceiling
cut out and replaced in one
room due to water damage from
the previous roof. Would
these renovations have been
extensive enough to make our
current Flying Star incorrect?
We are wondering if being a
period 7 house would improve
the character of the house?

Please e-mail Robert privately so that he can give you the additional free credit to generate another report based on Period 7 for your home. His email address is: robert-lee@3dmail.com
Usually, based on your description, the flying star would `gradually' change to that of Period 7. A more cautious FS practioner will keep both templates and look at it to see which Period template is more accurate or relevant. In my opinion, your house should take on Period 7's with the renovations that you had done.
Dear Jenney,
First of all, let me apologise for the late reply.
Please see below:-

On 10/16/99 1:04:30 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Many thanks for the excellent
site! I have a couple of
questions.
I've already posted some of
this in the Pillars of Destiny
conference, but will also post
it here..this one gets more
traffic. 1. Did the full
Pillars of Destiny report this
week, and in the pillars there
are references in parentheses
to "wife" , "father", "child"
,"mother" and "self". Is this
figurative language or is it
intended as a direct reference
to actual persons in life?

Yes, it shows a direct reference to family unit or relationship. At a later date, Robert will expand the `interpretation' of this module further.

2. We had the Flying Star done
on our current residence. We
used period 6 as our guiding
period, but have since learned
that the previous occupants
had the ceilings of the ENTIRE
house re painted two years
ago. We've done a lot of work
on this house (1998-1999), but
don't know if any of them
qualify as "major
renovations". We've had the
roof reshingled (no tear off),
we've replaced the heating and
cooling system, all the
kitchen appliances, the
carpet,counter and floor
tile,exterior doors, and have
built an enormous deck off the
front (kitchen) door area.
Also, had part of the ceiling
cut out and replaced in one
room due to water damage from
the previous roof. Would
these renovations have been
extensive enough to make our
current Flying Star incorrect?
We are wondering if being a
period 7 house would improve
the character of the house?

Please e-mail Robert privately so that he can give you the additional free credit to generate another report based on Period 7 for your home. His email address is: robert-lee@3dmail.com
Usually, based on your description, the flying star would `gradually' change to that of Period 7. A more cautious FS practioner will keep both templates and look at it to see which Period template is more accurate or relevant. In my opinion, your house should take on Period 7's with the renovations that you had done.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Jenney,
1. Yes, a South House (Fire element) is not favourable for a `weak water person'. The NE is a better choice for the `main entrance'.
2. For the U shaped house, this is indeed not an auspicious configuration. If one cannot change the profile of the house, you can try to see whether, you can (if possible) see if an `artificial' border e.g. using landscaping to form a complete rectangle shaped house such as thru the use of grass patch or plants. (Not to the extreme but imagine that when one looks from the air, it looks like a rectangle `plot'. Something of this nature.
Alternatively, I am not sure if this is possible but lamps along this demarcation or further back on the fencing would help to minimize the effects of the plot of land. However, it still unfortuantely change the Qi flow but will certainly improve the situation.
(Continued.. in next part..)

• Staff

Dear Jenney,
1. You mentioned that you stopped using the toilet in the bedroom. Perhaps u can elaborate further the rationale for doing so.
This is because it is quite common for the toilet to be in the masterbedroom. It is good that u do not use the toilet but I like to find out more how are u applying the principles. It is because the toilet bowl is directly along the auspicious line/location.
2. For the fire place in the centre of the house. Can u elaborate if it is being used. From what I can understand from your message, looks like your family is not using it. It is best not to use it unless you have a real need for it. If it is not used, leave it as it is and do not need to add anything to it.
3. Currently, overall, what I understand is that the house is not suitable for the breadwinner and as you have mentioned the U shape is not auspicious shape.
4. For the garage `poision' arrow, it is best to close the kitchen door when not in use.
As mentioned in the first message, do let us know your login account for us to credit u with the credit for the Period 7 Flying Star. You can then look thru it and use it. We will always help on this matter.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil