About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

True Center of house...also water fountain?

sm5486

Hello,

Thank you so very much for your past help. It has been most helpful and I call upon for your advice once more. I am currently interested in a house. My ideal main door should be facing SE, but can also face N, E, and S. The home is a two story, built in 2002, and faces directly E. I've attached a floor plan and picture of the front of the house as reference.

My questions are as follows:

1. Due to the unique floorplan, the extension of the garage, master bathroom, and the courtyard, I am not quite sure how I can determine the actual center of the home.

2. Also, there is a large decorative water fountain directly in front of the main door in the courtyard. I've denoted this on the floor plan as a grey circle. Is this bad feng shui?

Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Many regards,

Steven

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Please attachment to determine the actual centre of the home. This centrepoint corresponds also to the 2nd storey.

2. Although a proper assessment should be made to determine whether the water fountain is acceptable. However, under Shapes and Forms Feng Shui, this water feature at the frontage of the main entrance is considered auspicious as it creates a "BRIGHT HALL" or "Ming Tang" at the frontage.

3. Such a "clear space" or bright hall is particularly good for qi to congregate at the frontage of the home. Thus from a Shapes and Forms Feng Shui, it is considered very good. Good homes always have some clear space at the frontage to "collect" qi.

Quote:

My questions are as follows:

1. Due to the unique floorplan, the extension of the garage, master bathroom, and the courtyard, I am not quite sure how I can determine the actual center of the home.

2. Also, there is a large decorative water fountain directly in front of the main door in the courtyard. I've denoted this on the floor plan as a grey circle. Is this bad feng shui?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

You can still use the proposed centrepoint and extend this to the family room.The rationale is because your "extended" room is tiny compared to larger spaces.

However, if your "extended" room size is larger than 1,000 sq feet, then you can determine the centrepoint separately for this room.