About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

No 'front' door - should we move?

ultrawave

We live in an ancient farmhouse (14th century). Everything would be perfect except that the house is the wrong way round... ie: We have a steep turtle hill at SW, arching around into a horse-shoe (dragon & tiger) SE & NW. We have the 'bright hall' at NE, gently sloping down to a small bridge and a meandering stream running right to left. Beyond this (still NE) we have the gentle mound of the phoenix. The 'front' of our house is NE, but we have no 'front' door. Our only main door is round the 'back', in the South sector of the house, facing SE. In my mind, this makes the natural 'back' of our house become the feng-shui 'front' of our house. Our main door thus faces a 30 meter steep hill with both a 8 meter tv/radio mast and telegraph pole type electricity pylon on top of it. There is also a building wall confronting our main door. We have spent 6 weeks feng-shuing our house, to amazing effect I might add, but we are totally confused about our main door. Considering it is in the Fame & Recognition sector (and being a commercial artist, this is important to me), and considering these serious afflictions, can anyone suggest anything?... we have 3 possibilities:_ 1. Hang Pa Kua mirror above door....2. build a porch to create an outer door facing SW.... 3. Move House. (Cannot put a door in NE as this is a listed building). This is a West group house. My wife and I are East Group. Any serious suggestions, cures or remedies would be greatly recieved. Thanks. Dave Warwick

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Dave,
Thanks for sharing with us your information.

On 10/16/99 6:37:33 AM, Anonymous wrote:
We live in an ancient
farmhouse (14th century).
Everything would be perfect
except that the house is the
wrong way round... ie: We have
a steep turtle hill at SW,
arching around into a
horse-shoe (dragon & tiger) SE
& NW. We have the 'bright
hall' at NE, gently sloping
down to a small bridge and a
meandering stream running
right to left. Beyond this
(still NE) we have the gentle
mound of the phoenix. The
'front' of our house is NE,
but we have no 'front' door.

In your situation, you can consider NE as the frontage of the house although there is no `front' door.
You are not alone in this situation. In my country, many Housing Development Flats (developed by the government) for more than 90 percent of the population has this `bright hall' effect (although they have a front door.) Many a times I find the front door to be `darker' similiar to the `back' door of yours.

Our only main door is round
the 'back', in the South
sector of the house, facing
SE. In my mind, this makes the
natural 'back' of our house
become the feng-shui 'front'
of our house.
In conservative Feng Shui, you can still consider the `front' door at SE when using the Compass School method.
Our main door
thus faces a 30 meter steep
hill with both a 8 meter
tv/radio mast and telegraph
pole type electricity pylon on
top of it. There is also a
building wall confronting our
main door. We have spent 6
weeks feng-shuing our house,
to amazing effect I might add,
but we are totally confused
about our main door.
Considering it is in the Fame
& Recognition sector (and
being a commercial artist,
this is important to me), and
considering these serious
afflictions, can anyone
suggest anything?... we have 3
possibilities:_ 1. Hang Pa Kua
mirror above door....2. build
a porch to create an outer
door facing SW.... 3. Move
House. (Cannot put a door in
NE as this is a listed
building). This is a West
group house. My wife and I are
East Group. Any serious
suggestions, cures or remedies
would be greatly recieved.
Thanks. Dave Warwick
As for the Fame & Recognition, under the Eight Associations Concept, although this is widely accepted in many Western "Feng Shui" practises; it is frankly not as well recognised under Tradtional Feng Shui school.

I have given quite alot of examples on why this `fixed' template format is not a reliable FS method. Overall, if Feng Shui is so easy, and if everyone do the same, imagine an entire population following this fixed principle, we ask ourselve this question: will it work?
Only if other FS principles have been explored and if one have the time or the luxury, can go for this fixed template format.
Even the Eight House Theory is personalised to an individual.
My advise is not to take the Eight Associations/Life Associations Concept too seriously.
It would be best that do not apply the cures you mentioned unless it is truly necessary such as to deflect a poision arrow or after investigations e.g. using the Flying Star to check the auspiciou/inauspciousness of a particular location.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net