Question: I have been working hard for the past week trying to understand the different methods of looking at feng shui. I am slightly confused when I read the few books. There seems to be more than 1 method of looking at the ba gua/trigram.
Method 1 : Using the software that you have put up with on the web.
Method 2 : using the 3 door trigram whereby the door should always located at the kan,chuan .
Method 3 : using the compass to locate the direction and the center of Chi.
To be very frank, I am not saying that your method is incorrect. But, I am just puzzled why there are so many methods used. Please advice me, which method should I follow.
For those new to Feng Shui, I would like to share with you the reply to the above question (see above) sent thru e-mail.
To clarify, each method under Traditional Feng Shui practise has its own use and when you put them all together, one will get a clear picture.
For example, let me share with you what a Professional Feng Shui Master does (this varies with their experience) but the most `powerful' steps used to analyse for a person and his home are as follows:-
1. A Feng Shui Master will first establish the homeowner's `true element and it's strength' using the Pillars of Destiny.
For example, if the homeowner's element is `strong metal' and the house is also a metal house (after determining the compass point) a Feng Shui Master will advise you on what to do.
Subsequently, other members of the family's Pillars of Destiny are also analysed.
2. Next, you should also know which house is most suitable for you using the Eight House Theory.
Later on, you can then use the Eight house template to superimpose on your home's layout. Each member of the family does the same.
Lots of information on how to do assessment etc.. on the Eight House Theory can be found on geomancy.net
3. Next, it is advisable to do a Feng Shui using the Flying Star theory to analyse the `fortune' of the house.
Lastly, depending on how good the Feng Shui Master is, he will be able to do a Feng Shui audit accurately by looking at :
1. Pillars of destiny (for the homeowner and his family members) to determine there `true elements and it's strength.
2. Anaylse the house using the flying star theory and also look at the suitability of the house (Eight house theory).
Therefore, if you follow the above steps, EACH Feng Shui theory has it's specific use not just simply that one is a compass school and the other on Destiny etc.
I hope by now, you will understand better why, so many Feng Shui principles are applied and they do not contradict each other nor `compete' with each other but in-fact all the theories found on geomancy.net allows one to understand and take it that each Feng Shui tool are `building blocks' when combined together are truly powerful tools . if used correctly will enhance.
The more you can combine all these theories together, you will get a better and clearer picture of yourself in-relation to your family members and your home.
The ulitimate aim is to:-
1. Encourage beneficial chi to our life and home.
2. if required, help to `fix' adverse `sha' or poison arrows.
In addition to this, one should also not forget to include the use of theories under the Shapes and Form School. Much of the theories can also be found on geomancy.net
Center for Feng Shui Research