About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Contradicting advice in Ba Zi readings???

myfs_106913

I have a few questions concerning my children's paid Ba Zi readings.

For my son (born 23rd August 2008), it says he's weak wood andfavourable elements arewater and wood, unfavourable elements are fire and metal.

However in his Balance of Elements Chart, it says his fire elementis 0% and needs to be increased. His water element is 26% and is Acceptable (Reduce Element).

I'm confused becausenow I'm not sure ifhe shouldavoid fire! I'm also not sure anymore if water is indeed favourable for him anymore!

For my eldest daughter (born 19th October 2002), it says she's strong metal and favourable elements are water and fire. Yet in her Balance of Elements Chart, it says her fire element is 21% (Balance)and doesn't need to be increased or reduced. Is Fire still a favourable element for her, then?? Or should she just not have too many red things around her anymore? It says her Wood Element is 0% and needs increasing, so does that mean she should have more wood element stuff around her??

Please advice Master Lee.

Regards,

Rachel

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Rachel,

Actually, that is not really contradicting at all. The balance of five element is for you to fine tune your favourable and unfavourable elements.

You should simply just proritise the favourable elements in to the different percentage.

For example, a strong water, favourable arewood (0%) / fire (26%) / earth (5%). This simply means that:-

• Wood (0%) is the most favourable

• Earth (5%) is the 2nd most favourable

• Fire (26%) is the least favourable as there is already more than sufficient.

Same goes for the unfavourable element. For example Metal (50%) and Water (5%).

• Metal (50%) would be most unfavourable (so should avoid)

• Water (5%) would be the least unfavourable (some water when there is sufficient wood/earth/fire would be good for a perfect harmony)

So the balance of the five element is meant for you to determine which element you need more and which you need lesser. Ultimately, your favourable elements will still be good for you. Only that, the element you lack mostmay be more effective then the element you have more than sufficient.

Quote:

For my son (born 23rd August 2008), it says he's weak wood andfavourable elements arewater and wood, unfavourable elements are fire and metal.

However in his Balance of Elements Chart, it says his fire elementis 0% and needs to be increased. His water element is 26% and is Acceptable (Reduce Element).

Your son is a weak Wood, so by default if you do not know your five element percentage, water and wood are generally his favourable while fire and metal is his unfavourable element.

The ideal is to have exactly 20% of each element to be in perfect harmony. However, in reality, your five element percentage is often unbalanced, with some percentage being more or some being less. This is where the balance of the five elements will help you decide which is the more elements is most favourable or unfavourable for you.

As a weak Wood, either water / wood will benefit a weak wood. However, as your son already have 26% water, this means that the element he has sufficient of water. And thus, wood would be likely his more favourable element compared to water.

As for the unfavourable, fire and metal will make a weak wood weaker. There will again be one unfavourable which is too much making it the most unfavourable, while the other is your least unfavourable.

In this case, your son's fire is 0% which means this is likely the least unfavourable element. Some Fire when you have sufficient wood/water to boost your son'sweak Wood is actually beneficial for him. However, you can only add fire after you have strengthen his weak wood, otherwise, it will make him weaker.

Quote:

For my eldest daughter (born 19th October 2002), it says she's strong metal and favourable elements are water and fire. Yet in her Balance of Elements Chart, it says her fire element is 21% (Balance)and doesn't need to be increased or reduced. Is Fire still a favourable element for her, then?? Or should she just not have too many red things around her anymore? It says her Wood Element is 0% and needs increasing, so does that mean she should have more wood element stuff around her??

Same goes for your daugther. As s Strong metal, her favourable elements normally are water/fire. There is sufficient fire (21%), so this will make it her least favourable element, while water is likely to be her most favourable element.

The percentage will help you determine which elements a person requires more or less. So this means that by default whether you add water or fire, you will strengthen the strong metal. However, the element you lack most will of course be the most effective.

Same goes for the unfavourable elements. The element that is too little will mean that adding some will still be good, but only when you have sufficient of your favourable elements. Otherwise, by default your unfavourable elements will still be unfavourable to you.

So this means that though fire is still her unfavourable elements, she already have sufficient of it, so adding more fire won't be as effective as adding more water.

For a Strong Metal,Wood is her wealth element which will still be her favourable element. Since she lacks 0% this means this is one of the most favourable elements for her.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research