About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sleeping on a mattress on the floor

fufu_88_99

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
I did read about one new person who called herself a Master mentioned that it is inauspicious to sleep on a mattress floor simply because `Qi' cannot flow under the bed.
Contrary to such `believes' in ancient times, many people do sleep on the floor.
Even today, a large portion of the Japanese people are sleeping on the floor on a mattress. Only modern Japanese e.g. working overseas or cannot be avoide staying at a hotel sleep on the bed.
In a very broad sense, this can be called `peanuts' Feng Shui i.e. looking at small issues and not looking at the bigger picture such as a beam above the head or the bed opposite (on the same wall) as the toilet bowl.
It is best to look at the big picture rather then these small things. Another thing is that many people are sleeping on `box' beds with springs with a bottom base unit. The clearance below the bed is as low as the wheel clearance of the bed. It is not going to make a difference in such a situation as say the person sleeping on the bed is at least 2 or 3 feet above the floor area.
Furthermore, most of us close the bedroom doors also.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/22/99 2:26:46 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that one
should not sleep on the
mattress on floor. Is there
any truth in this.Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear cecil,
should not sleep on the
Dear cecil,
My baby and I are sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Will this affect our health or luck? Can I still do so??

Thanks

• Staff

Dear Ber
It is ok to sleep on the floor mattress for both the mum and child. There is no evidence to provide otherwise.
When sleeping on the floor, it is preferred to sleep on `wood' e.g. paquet flooring. It is not based on FS but wood or wood panels will ensure that when one wakes up or stepping on the floor, the slab of tile is not `cold'.
As I mentioned in an earlier message, many Japanese are sleeping on the floor especially on wooden plank floors.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/25/99 9:02:10 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear cecil,
should not sleep on the
Dear cecil,
My baby and I are sleeping on a mattress
on the floor. Will this affect our