About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Door to Door Bedroom

bercardor

Dear Cecil
I had two bed room which face door to door. There is a narrow pathway between them.
I read from feng shui books that this is not good but I don't know in what way it is not good. What will this effect one's life,luck or health?
IS there anyway to resolve besides closing the door or using screen to block? I cannot place screen to block the room as the pathway is too narrow and the room are small. It is inconvenient to block the room using screen.
Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ber,
I had encountered the same situtation when I was young. I was living in an extended family and we had this passage way with rooms on each side of it.
It so happens that me and my elder brother's room and my two cousins were directly opposite each other. I am not sure if this is a coincidence but we were always "fighting" with each other i.e. my cousins with me and my brother.
Not sure if this is part of growing up or a coincidence in Feng Shui.
In Feng Shui, it is mentioned that when two rooms have the doors directly opposite each other, the parties in each room are suppose to be a `loggerhead'.
The above is the rationale why, the two doors should not (suppose) not to be opposite each other.
Some Feng Shui practioners have mentioned placing a wind chime between the rooms as it is suppose to neuralise `sha qi'. This is one alternative provided, the rest of the Flying Star of the house checks out not to be unfavourable with having the wind chime at the location.
Try as far as possible to avoid having a Metal wind chime at North West, West (Metal element location) or the NE and SW (devil's gate and SW = devil's back door).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/25/99 9:24:05 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil
I had two bed room which face
door to door. There is a
narrow pathway between them.
I read from feng shui books
that this is not good but I
don't know in what way it is
not good. What will this
effect one's life,luck or
health?
IS there anyway to resolve
besides closing the door or
using screen to block? I
cannot place screen to block
the room as the pathway is too
narrow and the room are small.
It is inconvenient to block
the room using screen.
Thanks

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Dear Jocelyn,
Maybe, it would be better if I rephase it this way. NW and W are locations with the metal element.
Unless one has done further analysis i.e. using the Flying Star to determine that there these sites are favourable. As metal wind chimes may inadvertently increase the `metal' element at these locations and make it inauspicious.
For those who do not want to go further and use the Flying Star can if they really like to `experiment' placing e.g. a wind chime if they feel comfortable with it.
The above regarding NW and W serves only as a caution where possible find out more if one is using Feng Shui to determine the `suitability ' of using the wind chime at the location.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/3/99 11:30:55 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil
In your reply to Ber, you
recommended avoiding metal
chimes in nw and w ... why is
that?
thanks
Jocelny