About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What type of good luck symbols they keep in home

sun888_99

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
It is quite difficult for me to answer this question.
This is because, there are many Chinese who have been educated in the West or some has even lost touch with their roots e.g. unable to read Mandarin or speak the tongue or language. Furthermore, good quality `antiques' or such collectables are not cheap.
I personally been to lots of `Chinese' houses for visits and there are a wide range of `tastes'.
Usually, the younger families have display shelves that are quite similiar as `Westerners'.
Those who `pray' are buddhists, taoists or ancestor worship usually have altars in their living room. Occassionaly, they have a `Fu' or Good Luck symbol in their homes. More often some of them have statutes as shown in one of the shots taken under Photo Tours (with picture attachments) i.e. popular statutes in their homes like the Godess of Mercy.
The more educated Chinese owners (influenced by the West) has interior decor to match any `westerner' i.e. some of do not even know how to read Chinese may not have any `Chinese stuff' such as antiques etc...
Therefore, it is too diverse to mention.
I believe, if you do have one or two books written by Dr. Evelyn Lip (author and architect), her two books on Geomancy has good luck symbols in them. Perhaps, it the books are available in the library.
If I am not mistaken, a user recently wrote to ask about where to purchase Lillian Too's book something like this topic.
In the past, I remembered lots of houses have `good luck' carvings or pictures showing auspicious symbols above the door (door frame), pillars and their main doors.
Well, most have since been `destroyed' especially by termites or discarded during the office and housing boom in my country. I am unable to provide such visuals.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/31/99 1:24:03 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
Can you tell us what kind of
good luck symbols chinese
people keep in home?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net