About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Multiple wifes and concubines

sun888_99

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
I agree with you on the statement.
In the past, this was the case. One reason for this is because, if one is rich or influential, I guess, the genes are considered (I am not sure how to call it but generally) the genes are considered `better' genes and the offsprings are `suppose' to be more intelligent.
Well, the above is just a general saying and if it incurs the wrath of anyone here, than I apologise. It is just one of those `theories' I read and kept in my mind...:)
In Singapore, it is now no longer possible for Chinese to marry and take on a second wife. The penalty: `Going to Jail'. Therefore, for a `FINE' country like Singapore, this acts as a deterrent.
In fact, there are lots of rich people in Singapore in the early 1950's who have maintain a second wife. Nowadays, with globalisation, many, I believe do keep mistress (secretly) and I suspect in some `poorer' neighouring countries. This is common also for the rich Chinese male all over Asia. As I am not familiar with Chinese males in western countries... it is too premature for me to comment on it. Anyone care to share with us especially those of you staying in the US and Europe?
Another trend is many Asian Chinese, go to the extend of going to China to get a bride.
In Singapore, another interesting trend is that especially the Indian population, there are in my opinion many Indian males who take on a Singapore Chinese bride. (Perhaps, the reason is due to fewer Indian girls available or many Indian males have done away with arranged marriages.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/1/99 1:52:21 AM, Anonymous wrote:
dear cecil,
in older days it was common
for chinese man to have many
wives and concubines. What
about the modern age. Is it
still acceptable for a man to
have many wives. Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net