About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Are sloping ceiling a bad thing?

Katherine

I have recently started up a business working from a bedroom of my home, which is a Victorian cottage in Berkshire, England. I have lived in the house for 10 years and I have been happy here. Things have not been great financially since I started my new company, so I have been trying to apply some Feng Shui principles to my home in order to hopefully improve wealth, success and luck in my career. I have read in Sarah Shurety's book that sloping ceilings are a bad thing. Most of the bedrooms in my house have a sloping ceiling on one side of the room, where the ceiling meets the out side wall. The wall is still sufficiently high enough to walk up to it without any obstruction. Is there any cure for sloping ceilings?
Regards
Kate

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Kate,
If your business is facing financial problems, and if it is not located in your home but in an office, normally, Feng Shui of the home has a lesser influence on the office. Usually in such instances an office audit is adviseable.
For the sloping ceiling:
1. The higher it is the better it is or `less auspicious'.
2. One alternative if one is sleeping under a sloping roof is to use a poster bed. But this depends on the cost factor also as these beds are more costly. Here, one can place cloth material to act as a screen against the sloping ceiling.
Other than the above, and the concept of `If you do not see it, it no longer becomes a cure'. Here, if we notice, placing false ceiling is an act where it covers the sloping ceiling. Since the false ceiling covers the sloping ceiling, it no longer becomes a `threat'. I know it is impractical for you to use false ceiling. The above is more of how the above concept is applied.
3. Usually, when one is not doing financially well, it need not necessary be the house Feng shui but Feng Shui at the office/shop.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/1/99 7:40:26 PM, Anonymous wrote:
I have recently started up a
business working from a
bedroom of my home, which is a
Victorian cottage in
Berkshire, England. I have
lived in the house for 10
years and I have been happy
here. Things have not been
great financially since I