About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Centrepoint of the house

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
I really have problem identifying the centrepoint of my new odd-shape house and needless to say to draw out the 8-house sectors. Can you please help me so that I can move on to do the necessary arrangement please..............

For odd-shaped house, there are a few ways to determine it. It is hard to advise you without seeing your actual layout. However, this link in Step 5 does show you some way to determine your center point.

URL: http://www.geomancy.net/resources/theories/fs-house1.htm

If still unsure, you have to attached the layout for us to guide you.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Thanks Master Lee,

Does it matter for main-door position even if it's not at North facing door? Can I just place the Northtemplate on the North side of the house and that there will be the 8 sectors right?

My current door position is facing North North East and I'm staying on the 9th floor and my balcony should be facing the South West. Do I get the concept of 8 sectors right?

I can't email the drawings as it's too big a file to attach.

Appreciate your kind advice.

Regards,

Anonymous

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

1. The most optimium is by finding the center-of-gravity. Thus, if you can place the outline of the interior layout plan EXCLUDING PES - on a hard cardboard and cut-out this outline. Balance it on a nail. Usually, once the entire cut-board can be balanced on a nail, this should be the centrepoint aka. centre of gravity of the layout plan.

2. Alternatively, you can use this information, where I had "predicited" the centerpoint is or should be close to this marking. See attachment.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. This layout plan is also not exactly rectangular.

2. Using the "RULE-OF-THUMB" method, try to imagine the largest rectangular surface area and if possible; the area of missing corner should where possible be close to the amount or area of the protrusions.

3. Again, for those who are not that expert in determining the center of gravity of the layout plan = centrepoint, can again, make a photocopy of the layout; paste it on a hard cardboard, cut-out the outline and try to balance it on a name. This is the "Stone age" method. If really not sure, then go for this stonehenge method...

• Staff

In this illustration, again the centrepoint is an estimation based roughly on the premise that all missing corners should roughly equal to the area of the protusion.

In fact, I should have made the LIGHT BLUE (CYAN) coloured area a little bit more smaller in area. Thus the centrepoint or centre of gravity should move slightly upwards in this layout plan. Neverthless, I am confident that it is quite close the the center of gravity.

Wow Master Lee, you explained really well, I have actually showed the layout that I posted to many and they are not able to determine the centre of the house.

As I read that if the toilet is at the centre of the house it is inauspicious. Hence, I think the design of the houses by developer is really important.

• Staff

1. In my opinion, frankly having reviewed hundred thousands of layout plans for both the developersand consumers (buyers); few would even use the correlation of the "centre of gravity" as the premiseto determine the layout plan. If you look at it carefully, there is nothing magical or hocus pocus about determining the centrepoint.

2.As in your the case the layout plan that you had furnished shows the toilet at the centrepoint. This is considered one "major" leak. And oftern from my past experience, one"major" leak in a home or up to at leasttwo to three can still be sustainable. More "leaks" and the home or apartment literally goes downhill.

Jess C. wrote:
Wow Master Lee, you explained really well, I have actually showed the layout that I posted to many and they are not able to determine the centre of the house.

As I read that if the toilet is at the centre of the house it is inauspicious. Hence, I think the design of the houses by developer is really important.