About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

The Three Combinations

Hello Everyone:
I truly appreciate the input regarding the south door (base 1, m-6, w-6)and the interactions of the stars.
I have another question, this time about special geomantic charts, one of which is called the "Three Combinations". It refers to three sets of numbers: 1-4-7, 2-5-8, and 3-6-9. I read, if these combinations are present in all nine palaces of the house chart, then a special interpretation overrides all other combinations. It does not matter which number is the base number and which number is the mountain or water star. As long as the above combinations are present in all palaces it is considered very auspicious.
Normally combinations of 3-6-9's refer to lawsuites, injuries, etc., but under the above conditions the bad stuff is minimized or doesn't operate as usual.
Have you or anyone you know had any experiences with this type of geomantic chart for a house?
Your comments please.
Thank you,
Vivian

• 1 month later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Vivian,
Apologise for the late reply. Was checking the forum for any unanswered mails and this message was found.

On 3/23/99 1:35:19 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hello Everyone:
I truly appreciate the input
regarding the south door (base
1, m-6, w-6)and the
interactions of the stars.
I have another question, this
time about special geomantic
charts, one of which is called
the "Three Combinations". It
refers to three sets of
numbers: 1-4-7, 2-5-8, and
3-6-9. I read, if these
combinations are present in
all nine palaces of the house
chart, then a special
interpretation overrides all
other combinations. It does
not matter which number is the
base number and which number
is the mountain or water star.
As long as the above
combinations are present in
all palaces it is considered
very auspicious.

Well, actually, it is not because of specific numbers but more towards the inter-relationship of the element, element's strength's of each stars to another. This is a pretty complicated process just for determining 2 stars and becomes even more complex when determining 3 stars. However, it normally does not end there, because you have to in turn cross reference it to the yearly, and then to the monthly, which is a 5 star analysis.
Just two star analysis, it is possible to come up to about 200,000 different inter-relation between the stars. Furthermore, the stars have yet to be related to the directional element.

Normally combinations of
3-6-9's refer to lawsuites,
injuries, etc., but under the
above conditions the bad stuff
is minimized or doesn't
operate as usual.

Yes, because the above represents the wood - metal - fire. This combination happens to balance the elements together the wood is exahusted by the fire, which in turn destroy the metal. The metal in turn destroy the wood. Which creates an equilibrium. So long as the combination is not further disturbed it is considered a good.
Normally, it takes 3 elements to create a balanced element combination, so when you encounter such combinations, the result is no longer inauspicious.

Have you or anyone you know
had any experiences with this
type of geomantic chart for a
house?

Sorry, cannot recall any as the charts are normally changing and sometimes even if the combination is good but the person who is staying there does not suit it, then it is no use too.
For example, a person with Strong Wood, Strong Metal in the above influence is not necessary that good as he is too strong for such influences. Rather if a person is weak Water or even Strong Water, it could further create a good balance for the person. As he is in one way strengthened by the Metal and also exhausted by the Wood.
Anyhow, you still need to relate the stars to the person who is staying there otherwise even how good a house maybe, if it does not suit him or her, it will not be good for that person. That is the limitation of Flying Star without cross referencing to the person in the house.
Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

Your comments please.
Thank you,
Vivian