About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Activating the mountain star

lightsong

Dear Cecil,
You mentioned that it is not advisable for someone who is a weak fire to activate a water star as this would further weaken the fire element. Does this also apply to someone who is weak water not activate the mountain star as earth destroys water?
Also can you tell me is it better to have your bed facing an auspicious direction according to 8 house theory or to have the bed placed auspiciously according to shapes and forms?
In my bedroom, if I have the head of the bed pointing towards an auspicious direction, there is a protruding corner from the closet aimed at the bed. Is it better to move the bed away from the direct line of the poison arrow even though it is a bad direction according to 8 house? Which should take priority?
Thanks,
Cheui May

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Cheui May,
1. You brought up a good question.
2. I would apply the "33.3 percent Rule set."
3. I call this the 33.3 percent rule set as a general guide to better understand certain Feng Shui concepts that are universal:
For example,
3.1. When we determine a "missing corner", we usually, say that a missing corner is one where it is 33.3 percent missing or the area is greater than 33.3 percent.
3.2. When one wears e.g. a `T' shirt, and to enhance oneself, for example a weak water person could e.g. wear blue shirt.
It covers more than 33.3 percent of his entire surface of his body. Contrast this with wearing a ring or many rings.
This is just an example.
3.3. For water positions, it is best not to exceed 33.3 percent in a specific room. If so, I consider the room more YIN. Because too much water creates too YIN an environment.
4. Now, we come to "COMMONSENSE" approach to answer your question.
Why commonsense?
If we notice, it is impossible to place a huge rock in a house. The object usually would be small.
But, `silly' human beings have the means to palce a 8 feet by 4 feet water tank etc...
Thus, if you notice, we may consider, placing `more' WATER. But, I cannot imagine anyone as yet place a 200 kilogram rock.
5. The above is how I would analyse, the situation and in my opinion, explain why, I view the `smaller' object NOT a threat.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
" 33.3 percent Ruleset " (C) Cecil Lee, 1997 to 2000

On 4/20/00 4:33:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
You mentioned that it is not
advisable for someone who is a
weak fire to activate a water
star as this would further
weaken the fire element. Does
this also apply to someone who
is weak water not activate the