Sponsored Link

The use of Wood Windchime

Dear Cecil,
To overcome the 5 Yellow or 3 Killings, why is it that feng shui recommends
a 5 rod METAL windchime and not a 5 rod WOOD windchime since by nature the 5
Yellow and 3 Killings are of the EARTH element and in the destructive cycle,
WOOD destroys EARTH?
My second question is - When do we use YIN (still/unmoving) water to counter
a bad sector in the flying star feng shui methodology?
Thanks.
Kieren

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Kieren,
Thanks for bring up this interesting question.
1. In traditional Feng Shui cures, what is used instead is a 6 hollow rod, metal wind chime. For example which is made of brass.
2. Therefore, it would not be correct to use a 5 rod metal wind chime.
3. This can simply be explained (applying) the Five Elements Concept:
3.1 In the case of a 5 rod metal wind chime, this is not the correct type of wind chime to use (if we had located a #5 or #5 yellow).
Since the number 5 is already representing the earth element. 5 representing Earth should not be used to neutralise earth. It is like throwing earth to earth or "ashes to ashes."
3.2 The appropriate cure then is to use 6 rod metal wind chimes.
Here the number 6 represents = Big Metal
Where Metal (Big) is used to destroy 5 Yellow or 3 killings.
This is the effective cure.
4. Why then should we not introduce a 5 rod Wood chime is not appropriate. This is because 5 again represents Earth element.
5. If we intent or insists on using Wood chime than, in theory, we should use a 3 rod Wood chime.
6. Where the number 3 refers to Big Wood. Here, in theory Big Wood should be used instead.
7. However, if one appreciates Flying Star Feng Shui; #3 is not exactly an auspicious star.
8. And chances are, introducing such a wind chime may cause or aggrevate the situation further.
9. In fact, many times, sectors or several sectors may have problems relating to #3.
Therefore, the probability is pretty high or rather a high coincidence of aggrevating the situation.
Contrast this with a Metal cure. While a metal cure #7 is too small (where #7 = small metal).
Big Metal - or 6 metal is the BEST cure as it is considered as " The Mother of all cures ". Don't be mistaken that I am glorying metal but, if one knows Flying Star, it is the element to cure: Bad Earth #5, #2 and Bad Wood #3 and #4.
10. My serious concern is that in a Flying Star chart, it would be `littered' with #3 and #4 in various sectors. Worse still if unfortuantely, it is concentrated at one sector such as
#3 #4
11. And one uses a 3 rod Wind Chime (Big Wood), one would have a `hell of a nightmare'. Sometimes even into calamity or death occuring.

My second question is - When
do we use YIN (still/unmoving)
water to counter
a bad sector in the flying
star feng shui methodology?

Most of the good stars are metal stars, and if one properly enhances them with water, this would bring prosperity.
In my opinion, (generally) we should not use YIN (still/unmoving) water. We should instead use more vibrant water positions. Therefore, for me, I am not in-favour of using still water.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/10/2002 7:30:47 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
To overcome the 5 Yellow or 3
Killings, why is it that feng
shui recommends
a 5 rod METAL windchime and
not a 5 rod WOOD windchime
since by nature the 5
Yellow and 3 Killings are of
the EARTH element and in the
destructive cycle,
WOOD destroys EARTH?
My second question is - When
do we use YIN (still/unmoving)
water to counter
a bad sector in the flying
star feng shui methodology?
Thanks.
Kieren

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Cecil,
One says hanging metal windchimes in the wood corners (south east) is to be avoided
at all costs as metal destroys wood. Then what should we do if we want to cure Bad
Earth #5, #2 and Bad Wood #3 and #4 according to Flying Star in that corner? Thank
you.
Regards,
Wasis

Big Metal - or 6 metal is the BEST cure as it is considered as " The Mother of all
cures ". Don't be mistaken that I am glorying metal but, if one knows Flying Star, it
is the element to cure: Bad Earth #5, #2 and Bad Wood #3 and #4.

• Staff

Dear Wasis,
1. You asked a very interesting question.
2. For those who have studied Management subjects: the term " Situational Approach " or " It Depends ".
What this means is that it is felt that not two cases are the same. We have to depend on the situation and each situation may vary.
Please see below:-

On 1/10/2002 10:42:10 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
One says hanging metal
windchimes in the wood corners
(south east) is to be avoided
at all costs as metal destroys
wood. Then what should we do
if we want to cure Bad
Earth #5, #2 and Bad Wood #3
and #4 according to Flying
Star in that corner? Thank
you.

To cure #5, #2, #4 and #5; the MOST EFFECTIVE cure is BIG METAL.
For #5, (STRONG METAL) it is a " bad, bad boy" and the best cure is to use a 6 rod, metal windchime.
For #3, (STRONG WOOD) it is also highly recommended to use the constant chime 6 rod wind chime (symbolically) to `hammer' it like akin to constantly smashing it.
Similarily, moving metal such as 6 rod metal wind chime or the `tick-tock' of a brass grand father clock does the "trick".
Caution Here!: For those who want to go and use a Grand father clock. Do not go out and buy those " cheap " imitation clocks which has e.g. a plastic pendulum (sprayed painted in gold or metallic gold colour). What makes it `tick' and act as a "constant hammer" is the real metal e.g. brass moving parts.
For #4 or #2, it is still important to use BIG METAL. But this BIG METAL SHOULD not be moving as:
Certain #2 needs "quietness" to cure else, one may be inviting law suits or quarrels etc..
The rationale for using Big Metal (not moving) for #4 and #2 is that Big metal, is needed to "neutralise" them. But after they have been "neutralise" them, since you have already conquered #4, #2; why continue to conquer them.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil