About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House in a basin

wasis

Dear Cecil,
Can you give me some illustrations to differ between a house in a basin and a house
with sloping backwards. From my imagination, both positions are lower than the
street. In my country, that means disaster as the flood control system is terrible.
As for painting, we have a painting of The 8 Immortals Crossing The Sea. It is hanged
on the same wall with an ancestors' altar and a toilet (at the other side). Is it OK?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Wasis,
When I have the time, I will take pictures of some examples.
Do take note that when I mentioned basin (apologies) it is not literally a basin but:-
1. The area is a natural area which is slightly lower than the roads or main roads leading to it.
2. Sometimes, the main roads have been `raised' a few metres higher. Or due to it's natural profile, roads or main roads are built on these higher ground. And houses within it is acessible at a lower level.
3. In some instances, yes, without proper irrigation and when there is an exceptionally high tide, places like " Opera estate " did e.g. once in 20 years had flooding problem. In recent years, the government had built some `automatic' flood gates close to the river mouth and increased the drainage system.
4. Another good example, for those who stay in Singapore is the stretch of Upper Bukit Timah road area.
5. I remembered many many years back, where the University of Singapore, was located at Upper Bukit Timah road. Whenever it rains, flood occurs e.g. something like once or twice a year. Thru the efforts of the government in the late 1970's, the drainage was deepen and overall, today, there is no longer any more flooding.
6. The rationale for the lower land is it is slightly more yin. And in such situations, is a conducive environment for insects such as the highly prized crickets & grasshoppers. These makes the land exceptionally good environment. This area, Bukit Timah is a choice site and has good Feng Shui.
7. But as you have correctly mentioned, without proper drainage, it does not matter. Contrast this to countries that make lots of effort, money and commitment. This is where their fruits of labour counts.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/11/2002 7:31:47 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
Can you give me some
illustrations to differ
between a house in a basin and
a house
with sloping backwards. From
my imagination, both positions
are lower than the
street. In my country, that