About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What is the significance of placing 6 coins?

jasonct

Hi Cecil,
Sometime ago, I happen to talk to a Fengshui "master", and was advise to place 6 i-ching coins on the floor(glued) of my front door. The coins have to be arranged in certain order (the names of the six emperor, can't remember which order). Reason for this is that my front door is facing South, which is not auspicious this year. I was told to take the compass direction of my main door, standing inside the house, facing the door, which is totally different from what you have advise. If I take the reading of my front door, using the center of the house, it will be under the SE sector. South & SE is two different direction. The fengshui "master" also says that it is okay to leave the coin there even after this year. What will happen is I place the coins in the SE, which belongs the wood, and I belong to weak earth.
Thanks.
Regard.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jason,
When we learn Feng Shui, we need to learn it in a `complete' package.
For example, when one is given the direction of how to do a survey to determine the main entrance door, one has to follow the steps `completely' given by the particular School or person.
For example, what I have devised, the method is meant for all modules for determing the main door at Geomancy.net.
What I hope to do is to make it as simple as possible for everyone.
This is because many if not all users are not familiar in using the Chinese Luo Pan. The twist is that the method mentioned to you is based on the use of the Lou Pan.
When you face the door and reading the direction, you must know the Sitting and Facing direction and how to look at the main door. Furthermore, the compass is oriented from South to North. I sincerely hope that you have taken the proper readings.
For example, under the method you have mentioned, it is correct to face the main door but after this, you must know how to read the Facing direction and Sitting or the Mountain direction.
Frankly, any method, if used correctly and provided one follows the direction of the person correctly, will yield the same result particularly if it is from a traditional `Master'.
What is the reason for placing 6 ancient coins?
This is to `cure' Star 5. If I am not mistaken, Star 5 is present at the SE. As star 5 is a bad star, it is also of the Earth Element.
The 6 coins is to `exhaust' the 5 Earth or Bad Earth element.
Overall, placing 6 coins is a better proposition to neutralise the 5 Earth. The reason for saying so is because, I also have a client who I had advised yesterday evening after looking thru the house chart which happens to be at the SE location. (However, there are 3 SE positions so.. hopefully it coincides with yours at SE3 at 150 degrees).
At the same time, the base number is 9 and there is a 5 Earth present at the SE3 for 1999.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil Lee

On 7/10/99 10:36:13 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
Sometime ago, I happen to talk
to a Fengshui "master", and
was advise to place 6 i-ching
coins on the floor(glued) of
my front door. The coins have
to be arranged in certain
order (the names of the six
emperor, can't remember which
order). Reason for this is
that my front door is facing
South, which is not auspicious
this year. I was told to take
the compass direction of my
main door, standing inside the
house, facing the door, which
is totally different from what
you have advise. If I take the
reading of my front door,
using the center of the house,
it will be under the SE
sector. South & SE is two
different direction. The
fengshui "master" also says
that it is okay to leave the
coin there even after this
year. What will happen is I
place the coins in the SE,
which belongs the wood, and I
belong to weak earth.
Thanks.
Regard.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi janson,
Actually, the 6 coins that you are talking
about are called the "liu di qian". They belongs to the coins of 6 dynasty. I
have one at the top of my main entrance door.
As what Cecil mentioned, it is used to
reduce the effect bought about by "wu huang",
which can bring back luck to you or your family. The element of "wu huang" is earth and the effect can be reduced using a gold element (the 6 coins).
Just to let you know, according to the Yearly flying star, this year "wu huang" will be moved to the south. If your main entrance door, room door, bed, etc is located in this direction. You have to be very careful. Hope that helps! :>
Regards,
Chris Ng

Hello Chris,
Thanks for your advise...I've been told about this bad star 5, but method of cure seems to be different. I was told that since the star 5 belongs to earth, the cure will be more effective if "metal" elements is placed on the floor at your main door. What happen if the star 5 move away from the South position, is it necessary to remove the coins? In fact, my star 5 is at SE where my main door is located, and SE suppose to be wood. Wouldn't metal destroy wood?
Any comments?
Thanks.
Regards.

On 7/13/99 3:12:13 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi janson,
Actually, the 6 coins that you
are talking
about are called the "liu di
qian". They belongs to the
coins of 6 dynasty. I
have one at the top of my main
entrance door.