About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Facing direction of building

Audrey

Dear Master Cecil:

The building my father's business is locatedis an elongated rectangle building withitsmain doors on the long side of building (facing SW 240degree) andits smaller side door facing the busy street (facing SE at 118degree or so). I would like to help him and do a flying star chart but am not sure if I should use thesidedoor facing thebusy street or the main doors which areNOT facing the street, asthe "mouth" of the building. The main doors are designed to have customers come in and out; therefore, more activities happen there. However, the street on the SE side is a main thoroughfare so there are lots of traffic there from cars. There would be no question if the building is flipped to the side and has the long side with the main entrance doors facing the busy street, but that's not the case.

Also, the business is a beauty school. What is the element of this type of business? And how should we best enhance its element?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Based on your description, in my opinion, the mouth of the business would usually seem to be the main doors rather than the side door.

However, how does the side door "side looks like?"

For example, for a business, does this side of the building have significantly more brighter "displays?" Be it a window display or neon lights etc?? As opposed to say the main entrance side?

For a business, one can often consider the "brighter" lit side as the mouth of the business since this has both high yang and displays.

Also, the business is a beauty

school. What is the

element of this type of

business? And how should we

best enhance its element?

Usually, this can be subject to various interpretation.

For example:

The industry for which beauty is in is often based on "chemicals". And if chemicals are used, then it could be the "Fire element".

If the materials used are like those from "The body shop" e.g. ingredients coming from the earth, then the raw materials or materials that make up cosmetics etc.. is the earth element.

But for a School, often, a school is suppose to be a teaching organisation, then this suggests growth, enhancement, training, then, it can be considered as belonging to the wood element.

In a specific department of the School, those performing sales or marketing the school can be considered as "fire element".

If "beauty" suggests an element of healing or massage or soothing the human body, then, the act of performing this function e.g. a massage can be considered as a water element.

But generally, if one goes purely by the word "SCHOOL", as in training or growth of people, then I would say that the school should belong to the wood element.

For example, traditionally, especially in Singapore, one can see Singapore doctors placing a green cross badge on their vehicles to signify that they are a doctor. Since green signifies growth.

And often doctors use either a more soothing green or blue signage vs a "bloody" red signage.

For a school of this nature, thus the more harmonious elements would be:

Metal i.e. white or gold

Water blue or black

and /or Wood green or brown.

Warmest Regards,

Cecil

On 6/26/2004 8:44:32 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Master Cecil:

The building my father's

business is locatedis an

elongated rectangle building

withitsmain doors