About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Careers for Earth element

Hi Cecil,

My career element is Earth, and some of the careers which you quotedas Earth careers include building, real estate, civil engineering, farming, pottery. I can see why those careers are Earth in nature -as they are associated with land or dealing with products obtained from soil.

But Idon't really understand why youwould also quote other careers such ascustomer service, employee relations and human resources, games andsports,as Earth careers.Such careers don't reallyappear to be dealing with land or soil...they seem to be more with dealing with people.Why do youconsiderthemas Earth-related careers?

Regards,
Rachel

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Rachel,

Rachel Rachel wrote:
But Idon't really understand why youwould also quote other careers such ascustomer service, employee relations and human resources, games andsports,as Earth careers.Such careers don't reallyappear to be dealing with land or soil...they seem to be more with dealing with people.Why do youconsiderthemas Earth-related careers?

Customer Service, Employee Relations and Human Resources deals with common people (or like grassroot people level) in the world. So in order to serve them, a person will have to listen to their feedback. This is similiar to like having to put your ear on the ground (earth) in order to listen to these people. So this why we classify them as Earth related careers/element.

Games and Sports are often refered to like games such as Soccer / Football / Hockey / Basketball etc. All such games and sports are usually played on the ground as such again considered Earth related elements.

Sometimes you have to understand concept behind a career description to be able to associate the right element to each career. Of course, how you associate it will ultimately determine what kind of element you will classify the element.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 4 months later...

Dear Master Lee, thank you for replying!

I still have one more question regardingthe "classification" of jobs into elements. You mentioned somewhere else in the forum that today's jobs seldom involve only one element. I totally agree.In fact, many jobs today can involve the skills related to2 or 3 different fengshuielements!

Even Civil Engineering, which is listed on your Elements reference page as belonging to the Earth element, actually involves a great deal of physics and maths- scientific discipline and technology... which, if I were to look under your reference page, science and technology actually belongs more to Wood element than to Earth. Thus, wouldn't Civil Engineering (or any kind of engineering) actually involve quite a bit of "wood" element in it, asengineering isclosely connected to science and technology?

When you say a certain element is to be avoided - for example, in my case, it is Water and Fire, do you mean that if I ever attempted to do Chemical-related or Computer-engineering, I would be really bad at them? Or do you mean that I would just be very unlucky in those careers - i.e. bosses don't like me, fall ill or get injured very often, no career progression?? What if I am quite good in Chemistry and maths, for example? Would I still be able to take on a Fire related job like Chemical Processing?