About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Career element report, can you please explain ??

myfs_106913

Hi, I'm a weak metal person, and my Bazi lucky elements are metal and earth.

I just received my career element report. My power career element is fire, and my wealth career element is wood. The report also mentioned that I should work in an Earth-related career because :

1) Fire career is completely unsuitable for me.

2) Wood careers are not recommended for me unless I'm in close contact with earth all the time.

I don't understand the report at all. Why is fire career not suitable for me, even though it is my with Power + Authority career element? Please explain this for me Master Lee.

Also, since my Bazi lucky elements are earth and metal, why doesn't my career report mention that I should work in a metal-related profession? In your opinion, Master Lee, do you think I should consider working in a metal profession such as politics, banking, etc.??

Thanks for reading this. I look forward to your reply!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Rachel,

Rachel Rachel wrote:
Hi, I'm a weak metal person, and my Bazi lucky elements are metal and earth.

Unfortunately, a weak person tends to have a slight disadvantage compared to a strong person especially relating to the wealth element.

Wealth element is the element your element destroy. So for a weak Metal, Wood is your wealth element. But unless you are strong enough, you cannot effectively control your wealth. Thus, that means that in order to be able to take advantage of your wealth, you first need to make your weak metal stronger. Only then can you benefit from your wealth element. That is the reason why Career with wealth isn't something you benefit.

Rachel Rachel wrote:
1) Fire career is completely unsuitable for me.

Rachel Rachel wrote:
2) Wood careers are not recommended for me unless I'm in close contact with earth all the time.

Career with power and authority is always the element which destroy you. Just like the career with wealth, these career does not benefit you unless you are strong enough to control it.

Rachel Rachel wrote:
I don't understand the report at all. Why is fire career not suitable for me, even though it is my with Power + Authority career element? Please explain this for me Master Lee.

This is very simple. A weak Metal person. Earth and Metal are your favourable element. Wood (Wealth - your career with wealth) desotry your Earth. While Fire (your career with power and authority) doestroy your Metal. These two careers though are your Career with Wealth and Power and Authority actually makes you weaker. They are extremely beneficial for a Strong Metal, but not a weak Metal person. That is why you need to have lots of Earth especially in order to benefit from such a career.

As Earth element makes you a weak Metal strongest, it does becomes your most favourable career where possible. Next will come Metal element careers. But where possible, ideally you should go for Earth element careers first because these career is most effective at making your weak metal stronger.

Rachel Rachel wrote:
Also, since my Bazi lucky elements are earth and metal, why doesn't my career report mention that I should work in a metal-related profession? In your opinion, Master Lee, do you think I should consider working in a metal profession such as politics, banking, etc.??

As mentioned, the report is catered to identifying which career belongs to career with wealth, which belongs to career with power and authority. Followed by the most suitable career which is Earth in your case. Metal is acceptable, just that it is not as effective as Earth, thus wasn't listed. Anyway, you can get this five element and career list from the follows:-

URL: http://talk.geomancy.net

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
Geomancy.Net - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Just one more question relating to the report, Master Lee.

You mentioned that for a weak metal person like me, working in my career with wealth element (in my case, wood) would not bring me much wealth because I need to be stronger, i.e. in contact with Earth.
Yet I also noticed that in my career report,in my "career with wealth" section, there was a table which illustrated the following :

Earned Wealth : Wood : 3
Unexpected Wealth : Wood : 0

And in my "career with Power & Authority" section, there was another table which illustrated the following :

Authority : Fire : 2
Determination : Fire : 2

Could you please explain to me what these tables mean?

P.S. I'm in the process of choosing what degree to study in University, and I've always wanted to study medical subjectsor veterinary studies, or food science and nutrition. I'dfind satisfaction in work that allows me to help peopleand improve the quality of their lives.If its not too much to ask, do you think these fields are suitable for me, looking at my career report above? In addition, to the above, my report lists mysuitable favourable career elementas Earth.

• Staff

Dear Rachel,

Rachel Rachel wrote:
You mentioned that for a weak metal person like me, working in my career with wealth element (in my case, wood) would not bring me much wealth because I need to be stronger, i.e. in contact with Earth.
Yet I also noticed that in my career report,in my "career with wealth" section, there was a table which illustrated the following :

There is a difference in having some wealth luck and being able to control it effectively so that it benefits you.

Each person will have different amount of Wealth luck made up of earned wealth and unexpected wealth luck.

Rachel Rachel wrote:
Earned Wealth : Wood : 3
Unexpected Wealth : Wood : 0

This simply means that you have a total of 3 wealth luck (which is at most considered average since most people have between 2-4. Excellent wealth luck would be having like 5-7. It also tells me that your wealth luck comes more from your own hardwork rather than from like luck from say lottery winnings etc.

Wood is often related to Wealth for a Metal person. If you are a Strong Metal person, you can effectively control your wealth ie Metal can cut down the Wood. But if you are a weak Metal, it is like you take a pen knife to attempt to cut down a 100 year old tree with a tree trunk as thick as a car tyre. You just are not strong enough to destroy the wood. Thus, in order to benefit from a career with wealth you need first to have lots of Earth and Metal to strengthen yourself. Only then can you benefit from the having a career with wealth.

So having some wealth luck isn't the same as being able to effectively control it. It is two entirely different issues.

So it is the same here for your Career with Power and Authority - Fire career. You can only benefit from having a career with great power and authority only when you are strong enough.

But under your own chart. It means that you have some Authority deities and determination which is 2 each. That is again just average. Authority tends to refer to ability to lead ie leadership quality, while determination is simply how determined a person you are. On both qualities you are average.

That's basically the difference or meaning behind it.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Master Lee, thanks for the very detailed explanation! I just checked my Ten Deities Summary and I'm not sure if its directly related to what you've just said, but please tell me if it is! In the Ten Deities Summary, it says there that my "Main Funds" (zheng yin), represented by Earth, is 5. And then my "Unexpected Funds" (pian yin), represented by Earth again, is 2.Could this bean additionalexplanation forthe reason why you recommend me to pursue an Earth element career in orderto strengthen my element(weak metal)?

• Staff

Dear Rachel,

Rachel Rachel wrote:
Hi Master Lee, thanks for the very detailed explanation! I just checked my Ten Deities Summary and I'm not sure if its directly related to what you've just said, but please tell me if it is! In the Ten Deities Summary, it says there that my "Main Funds" (zheng yin), represented by Earth, is 5. And then my "Unexpected Funds" (pian yin), represented by Earth again, is 2.Could this bean additionalexplanation forthe reason why you recommend me to pursue an Earth element career in orderto strengthen my element(weak metal)?

Actually, when I explained that Earth is good for you, I was more referring to the fact that you are a weak Metal. Under the five element, Earth produces Metal. Thus, Earth is your favourable element.

Ten Deities tend to be used more to either explain characteristics or what that period might be related to.

ie. Main Funds or Unexpected Funds are actually resources / skills or hidden talents. While when related to the luck pillars it often relates to Health.

So I wasn't exactly referring to the having lots Earth, thus earth is good for you. Although, what it tells me is that with a much higher main funds it means that you might have some skills pass on by your family members and some of your own hidden talents.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research