About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Please help!! I'm confused....

myfs_106913

I recently purchased a flying star report from you and have queries about its advice.

1) For the master bedroom, the stars Mountain2 Facing9 and Earth1 occupy the area. Its Five Element Analysis says to utilise Metal (white/gold) to exhaust/weaken Earth. This is fine for me as I'm a weak Metal, but my husband is a weak Wood and my daughter is a strong Metal, so both of them are advised to avoid Metal elements. Howcan westrike a balance between all our lucky colours and the element advised by the Flying Stars report to neutralise the malevolent 2 Earth star??? Do we put in a mix ofMetal and Water/Wood(my husband and daughter's favourable elements)in the same bedroom? And in terms of quantity,is there acertain proportionof each element to utilise? For example, do we place more of Metal element in the room because it can notonly neutralise the 2 Earth star but also is my favourable element, and place smalleramounts of Water and Wood element in the room because those elements arefavourable elements of my husband and daughter??Please advice!

2) Ourfront door faces SE and the stars are Mountain7 Facing5 Earth6.The report advised us to use Water at the front door area to exhaust/weaken Metal.My husband has alreadyplaced his fish tank near the front door. I hope that is enough Water to exhaust Metal, as per the report's advise.

3) Thecentre ofour house isthe main hallway that links the living room to the other parts of the house. But with such stars as Mountain8, Facing6 and Earth7 occupying the central palace of our house, I thought maybe placing the fish tank there would be better, as I read in Eva Wong's book that placing a fish tank/bowl with 6 dark coloured fishes in it will neutralise the threat ofrobbery/losses caused by a combination of a 6 and 7 star in the palace. However I read in your forum that you often advise people not to place water - fish tank or toilet - in the centre of the house as that will signify either wealth draining away from the house or that the owners will suffer difficulties. Thus we decided not to place the fish tank there even though it might neutralise the negative effects of the 6 and 7 star combination in the central palace.

4) As the backdoor that leads to the garage is in the palace occupied by auspicious stars : Mountain1 Facing8 and Earth9, and the fact that we often utilise the backdoor to go in and out of the house (because it provides easy access to the car in the garage), should we regard that palace as the facing palace? Thus maybe I have made a mistake in generating a flying star report based on the facing palace of the main door, which is in theopposite direction??

Please advice. Thanks !!

Sponsored Link

Our house has only 2 bedrooms. The master bedroom is largest, twice the size of the other bedroom. However its occupied by Mountain2 Facing9 Earth1 and Mountain4 Facing2 Earth3 palaces. Whereas the other bedroom, though tiny, is occupied by Mountain9 Facing7 Earth8 palace.

In Eva Wong's Flying Star Fengshui book, she advocates "matching occupants to the bedrooms", wherethe EarthBase star of the bedroom should be of an element which is favourable toan occupant's Kua element. For example, if my Kua element is2- Earth, I should try to take bedrooms which have Earth Base star of 9 because 9 belongs to Fire element, which is supposed to be nourishing for my 2-Earth (Kua) element.

Ihave not seen you mention anything on your forum about matching people to their respective bedrooms based on such a technique.
I must admit, life seems "easier" when one doesn't have to take into account such a technique, because if I follow that advice, it will turn out that the master bedroom is not at allbeneficial formy husband or my daughter, and I might have to sleep alone in the master bedroom while my husband and daughter sleep in the small second bedroom!
However, I have read somewhereon your forum that you advise owners of the house to sleep in the master bedroom even if the room may not be that favourable compared to the smaller bedroom. Besides, I think its a crazy idea to sleep apart from my husband and daughter.

So we have decided to sleep in the master bedroom. All 3 of us - my daughter in particular is very young and cries if she has to sleep on her own. I hope this is therightdecision!

In addition to my first point, I'd also like to add that the binding elements between me and my husband is Earth and Wood, so does that mean that I also have to try and incorporate some Earth into the room as well, to satisfy the advice given by the Flying Star Paid Report, and also to satisfy the favourable elements of each of us, and the binding elements for all of us? Please advice! Thanks!

• Staff

Dear Rachel,

Rachel Rachel wrote:
1) For the master bedroom, the stars Mountain2 Facing9 and Earth1 occupy the area. Its Five Element Analysis says to utilise Metal (white/gold) to exhaust/weaken Earth. This is fine for me as I'm a weak Metal, but my husband is a weak Wood and my daughter is a strong Metal, so both of them are advised to avoid Metal elements. Howcan westrike a balance between all our lucky colours and the element advised by the Flying Stars report to neutralise the malevolent 2 Earth star??? Do we put in a mix ofMetal and Water/Wood(my husband and daughter's favourable elements)in the same bedroom? And in terms of quantity,is there acertain proportionof each element to utilise? For example, do we place more of Metal element in the room because it can notonly neutralise the 2 Earth star but also is my favourable element, and place smalleramounts of Water and Wood element in the room because those elements arefavourable elements of my husband and daughter??Please advice!

No you cannot really strike a balance. You need to go by priorizing what is more important first. In this case, flying star impact will be the more important issues to fix. Flying Star impacts everyone staying in the sector. As such, you should first apply the cure for the flying star first. Painting the room to the colour that can balance up the stars. In case of Metal (white) colour, this is often what we call the most neutral colour that will not really mean that a person of weak wood will have too much Metal.

Then you can worry about the adding some additional colours that help to personalise to the individual ba zi. Once the room is White, then you can say choose the colour of the bed sheet in like maybe Water element. This will blend nicely with Metal and helps to make your husband's weak wood stronger.

So again, the key issue is first balance the stars, then work on choosing other elements or colours for other part of the room to be personalised to the individual. You need to get rid of the inbalances before you can enhance your individual favourable elements.

Quote:
2) Ourfront door faces SE and the stars are Mountain7 Facing5 Earth6.The report advised us to use Water at the front door area to exhaust/weaken Metal.My husband has alreadyplaced his fish tank near the front door. I hope that is enough Water to exhaust Metal, as per the report's advise.

Yes, that should be enough based on the five element concept. Furthermore. With water you create a Five Element flow Earth (5)-

Metal (6/7) -
Water (fish tank).
Quote:
3) Thecentre ofour house isthe main hallway that links the living room to the other parts of the house. But with such stars as Mountain8, Facing6 and Earth7 occupying the central palace of our house, I thought maybe placing the fish tank there would be better, as I read in Eva Wong's book that placing a fish tank/bowl with 6 dark coloured fishes in it will neutralise the threat ofrobbery/losses caused by a combination of a 6 and 7 star in the palace. However I read in your forum that you often advise people not to place water - fish tank or toilet - in the centre of the house as that will signify either wealth draining away from the house or that the owners will suffer difficulties. Thus we decided not to place the fish tank there even though it might neutralise the negative effects of the 6 and 7 star combination in the central palace.

Center for the house should not be cluttered as that is where all the influence will meet. As such, you should not put water feature. Water feature in the center will symbolise wealth leak. Best to leave it untouch because too much of any element will create unbalance in the sector given that it is a point where all elements will meet together.

Furthermore, it isn't any major feature in the house ie bedroom, study room. So just leave it empty or untouch.

Rachel Rachel wrote:
4) As the backdoor that leads to the garage is in the palace occupied by auspicious stars : Mountain1 Facing8 and Earth9, and the fact that we often utilise the backdoor to go in and out of the house (because it provides easy access to the car in the garage), should we regard that palace as the facing palace? Thus maybe I have made a mistake in generating a flying star report based on the facing palace of the main door, which is in theopposite direction??

For landed property, still the facing direction of the building will be the main facing direction for the house. Of course, if the direction of the backdoor is better, you should utilise it to enter in and out of the house. But for flying star purpose, the facing of the house will be based on your home facing for landed property.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• Staff

Dear Rachel,

Rachel Rachel wrote:
Ihave not seen you mention anything on your forum about matching people to their respective bedrooms based on such a technique.
I must admit, life seems "easier" when one doesn't have to take into account such a technique, because if I follow that advice, it will turn out that the master bedroom is not at allbeneficial formy husband or my daughter, and I might have to sleep alone in the master bedroom while my husband and daughter sleep in the small second bedroom!
However, I have read somewhereon your forum that you advise owners of the house to sleep in the master bedroom even if the room may not be that favourable compared to the smaller bedroom. Besides, I think its a crazy idea to sleep apart from my husband and daughter.

You must remember, Gua/Kua analysis is only based on YEAR of birth. Thus, it's eight house concept is very limited in accuracy. However, even though it is a simple concept, it still has its uses. ie to determine suitability.

For attempting to suit the sector to the person, we won't use the Gua/Kua element, but rather the Ba Zi element and direction which is significantly more accurate and can allow for deeper analysis. Thus, we always recommend that the best house or sector direction is one which not just suits the eight house but should also be favourable to your ba zi element.

In our ba zi expert review, we have what we call a combine eight house and ba zi direction which makes it the best direction for the person to use as facing or bedroom.

But again, the deeper or more comprehensive you want to apply feng shui, the harder it will be for you to get a solution that will work for all. So we need to know which is more important and what to follow first and last.

In case of a bedroom:-

1. Flying Star must be balanced first irregardless of the suitability to individual.

2. The bedroom should fall within at least one of the sector of the eight house direction.

3. If possible also, the eight house and ba zi direction should be both suitable.

4. Next is to balance up the sector to improve suitability of the people staying in the sector.

5. Bed placement should follow the shapes and form principles first.

6. If and only when you have the choice of two good shapes and form placement, then you use the eight house direction to see which direction you will benefit more.

If you go by the above, you will find it easier to apply without the various complications of having to get the best of everything. Frankly, it is not possible to get everything perfect. But as long as you meet the key requirements.

Rachel Rachel wrote:
So we have decided to sleep in the master bedroom. All 3 of us - my daughter in particular is very young and cries if she has to sleep on her own. I hope this is therightdecision!

As mentioned, you have to balance up the entire situation. I presume your husband is the breadwinner, right? So he will enjoy luck from the house facing if it is suitable to him. So it does not matter as much if the bedroom does not suit him as well.

While for the other family member, you get luck from the bedroom which you stay. In this case, based on the above. If the breadwinner (your husband) get a good facing, you should be given a better bedroom so as to get luck for yourself.

For your daughter, since she is still small, her luck is mostly influenced by the parents. Thus, if you are suitable for the bedroom, that means she will also enjoy luck from you since you look after her.

One thing I have to say, is that you should not worry about every single issue in feng shui. That is not what feng shui is about. Feng Shui is supposed to create an environment that you feel comfortable to leave in. If you worry too much or attempt to go too deep in the analysis (without knowing what to apply first), you will only complicate and confuse yourself.

Fixing the Major leaks is most important, other minor issues even if not corrected will not adversely influence your luck. Thus, you should not be worrying to fix every single issues you see. But work on which is more important or results in major leaks.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

• Staff

Dear Rachel,

Rachel Rachel wrote:
In addition to my first point, I'd also like to add that the binding elements between me and my husband is Earth and Wood, so does that mean that I also have to try and incorporate some Earth into the room as well, to satisfy the advice given by the Flying Star Paid Report, and also to satisfy the favourable elements of each of us, and the binding elements for all of us? Please advice! Thanks!

Yes, first balance the flying star. Then, you can add a little of additional colours from like bedsheet etc.

If only one person is staying in the room, then choose colours he/she lacks.

If more than one person is staying in the same room, then choose colours that will help both persons at the same time. In this, case the binding element.

Remember, that flying star takes precedence of the analysis. Thus, when applying colours like Earth (Yellow), then you need to be extra caution that there isn't too much Earth influence (ie star 2/5) that may be adversely activated.

Always, choose light off-white colours if any. Never choose bright colours such as pure Yellow, pure Red. If any you should choose like very light beige, or light pink etc.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee