About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

geographical position at birth and ba zi

Dear Robert Lee,

not sure if my last message on this subject was posted correctly.

I wonder if geographical position at the time of birth is taken into consideration by your program for calculations of Ba zi feng shui.

How does one account for the difference in hours, if one is born between 1-3am in Central Europe on a 10th day of the sixth month in 1957 from the person born in China on the same day at the same hour, month and year.

also how relevant is this question

kind regards

dragana vilinac

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi Anon,

With regards to whether your first posting was ok, you can always use the Posted by Me link to check whether you have post it. All new postings will not appear for everyone to see until we have approved it. I would like to remind all users to avoid posting duplicate.Generally, it takes time for us to get to each and very postings. Duplicate post does not make reply faster.

Unfortunately, I must say that when ba zi was originally used, there isn't any geographical position applied to it. In fact, it is modern practitioners who push for such an application.

But I can tell you that there is actually no need for this. Why?

1. Ba Zi is able to give you a fair prediction even if your time of birth is left unknown. This is why if you read some pillars of destiny books written by some masters. You will find that they always like to use popular people as a reference about how accurate they are in their prediction or that they can see something in the chart that makes an event happen. Often, you find that they do not use the hour of birth and yet they can tell you this and that about what they see in the chart vs what has happened.

2. The application of such geographical difference into the ba zi can make a ba zi reading even more inaccurate. Why I say so?

Simple. As it is, may people don't even know what hour they are born. Don't you think it will be same that they will also not be able to give youthe exact long. and lat. of birth location? In applying the long. and lat. of birth to ba zi, even 1 degree off will mean a completely different chart as compared to a ba zi chart done without any location factor. Furthermore, this is again a modern invention not what was used in the past.

3. Even if you apply the ba zi with time zone difference, this is also bad. This is because:-

3a. Time zone are simplified now-a-days to an hour difference for example GMT +0800, GMT -0500. In the past, the time difference can be a few minutes or half an hour etc. Now it is all 1 hour difference to simply the time zone.

3b. Time zone changes only influence either the long.or lat. direction. As such the only true way to apply such a difference is to calculate the moon position to your location rather than just add or minus the mins.

4. The hour of birth will only impact how accurate you can determine whether a person is weak or strong. But it does not impact how the luck period will look generally, because the luck period is deduced from the month pillar.

5. The ba zi analysis only gives you heavenly given luck. Meaning what you see on your ba zi may not be exactly what you have gone through. Why? Because there are many factors not being considered in the analysis such as the house luck (earth luck) which will have adverse influence over your given luck.

This iswhy sometimes when what is analysed in the given luck does not fall exactly to what you experience. This is because another factor is adversely causing this deviation.

6. As such a ba zi will NOT give you 100% accurate analysis of what you actually experienced. It is only supposed to give you a chart of what luck you are SUPPOSED to have. It is often a great mistake for many practitioners to say that the ba zi gives you a very accurate prediction of your past and future events. But how can it when it's main goal is to deduce your heavenly given luck.

As such, if any users do any analysis with ba zi on our website, our advise is to just use your local time without any modification of your time zone. In fact, if in doubt, it is often better not to put in an hour of birth.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

On 2/24/2005 6:29:42 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Robert Lee,

not sure if my last message on

this subject was posted

correctly.

I wonder if geographical

position at the time of birth

is taken into consideration by