About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Location of stairs at home

myfs_131120

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Michelle,

Michelle Kaleikini wrote:
My front door faces to the north. When you enter my home, the stairwell is located to the right of the door (4 feet from the front door). Is this bad ? What can I do to fix it?

If the stairs directly face the door, then that is inauspicious. This is because the steps is like sha qi, so if it faces the door, it is like a sha qi cutting the main door. However, from what you describe so far, since the stairs does not appear to face the main door directly, so it does not appear to be a major issue.

The only issue to consider is the number of steps. ie Auspicious Steps are like:-

1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20.

So if the no of steps is in the auspicious no of steps, then it should not be an issue.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 6 months later...

Hello.

I was reading some old posts and Robert Lee said that the auspicious steps are:

"The only issue to consider is the number of steps. ie Auspicious Steps are like:-

1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20.

So if the no of steps is in the auspicious no of steps, then it should not be an issue.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee"

---------------------------------------------------

I believe Robert was referring to the three-step cycle in counting steps.

However, in one of your old posts in 2002, you said that ?there is also the four-step cycle to consider in counting steps.

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=1&mid=12351&new=

So ?in effect, the following numbers are the auspicious numbers considering both the three-step cycle and four-step cycle:

1,2, 5, 10, 13, 14, 17, 22, 25, 26 etc...

My question is:

Since Robert did not include the four-step cycle in his computation for auspicious steps, does it mean that the three-step cycle is ?more important than the four-step cycle when counting steps?