About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

8 directions VS. 8 aspirations

Hello to everyone!
First of all, sorry for my English?
I?m sending this mail because, among the infinity of Feng Shui aspects that are still confusing me, there are two that are particularly important, and I would like to clarify them before going any further in my studies: When studying the 8 house theory, I have came across with two concepts that are causing me great confusion: the 8 aspirations (career, knowledge, family/health, wealth, fame/rank, marriage, children, helpful people and career) and the 8 directions (death, disaster, spook, irritation, health, excellent, prosperity, longevity).
Obviously they don?t stand for the same things, and what confuses me is that I don?t know if these aspirations and directions are calculated by the same method. For the 8 directions, and if I followed your Web page instructions correctly, I have to find the centre of the house, and the direction of the main door, or room. After, according with the direction the main door is facing, I will superimpose my personal 4 good and 4 bad directions (which I have previously calculated according to my year and hour of birth?) over the house plan, correct?. Now, in what concerns the 8 aspirations: I haven?t understood yet how they interact with the 8 directions, and my basic doubts are:
1. Can they be calculated with the same method?
2. Is it possible that, as an example, my death line can be in the same position of the Health aspiration?
3. Do this two methods belong to different kinds of Feng Shui schools?
4 Are they compatible?
5. Is it possible to use them simultaneously?
6. Are the 8 aspirations used only in the Black Hat Sect (being that I don?t agree with the line of this Feng Shui school?)???
I would appreciate if someone could answer to this questions, or to give any orientation on this matters, as I am in great, great confusion?
Thank you very much in advance
Pedro

Sponsored Link

Dear Pedro,
If you are using the 8 house theory and match this with the 9 Star Ki (which
is popular in Japan and some practioners in the West) both are similiar as
they use numerology to interpret the readings.
As for the " 8 aspirations ", it is a general analysis of our life aspirations. For example as the South West is said to be our Marriage and relationship corner, one could activate this location by e.g. placing a rose or a photoframe. However, do take note that: 1. Flying Star, 2. Pillars of Destiny and 3. Eight House theory takes precedence over this set of `theory'. (Ranked in order 1, 2 and 3).
Thanks.
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net-->

Dear Cecil,
Responding to your reply, I first heard of this 8 aspirations on the first Feng Shui book I ever read. Later on I found that this author belonged to the Black Hat Sect. his name is Celso Yamamoto, and I think the book is from Brazil. I can't give you more info because I just can't find the book. As a matter of fact, I think I lost it... (which was very fortunate to me, because otherwise I would have never knew the truth about that FS school...). As far as I recall, he presented a Pa-Kua (Bagua?), and said to align the front door with the position career. Of course that this is the application of the Black Hat Sect. BUT the other reference to the 8 aspirations, I read it on a book by Richard Webster called "Feng Shui for Beginners".( As a matter of fact, when I bought it I sent a message to the books forum - around the 28 Jan.- to know if someone could give me a hint on this author...), and, although I am not an expert, this author don?t seem to me as a member of black hat sect, AT ALL? and he says that generally he pays much more attention to the 8 house theory, and it?s 4 good and 4 bad locations, that he does to the 8 aspirations, as in this method, you don?t use the compass directions (N, S, SW, and so on)
I hope that this is enough information for you, and I would like to know if you could give me any topics on this matter, because I really don?t know if I should accumulate this 8 aspirations with the 8 directions. The problem is that this 8 aspirations system just seems very uncomplicated on one hand, but on the other, it seems very similar to the Feng Shui that the Black Hat sect defends?
Thank you very much.
Pedro